Mindstream in the house!

U

User1

View Badges
When they are not answering the phone nor responding to all the chatter what more does one need to tell you they are done as an ongoing concern?

That leads to assumptions for sure, yes. They very well could be boots on the ground working to solve the problem rather than answer the same question over and over.

I honestly don't know. I am only looking at it such that we do not know for sure. It is just an assumption, right or wrong, that no response means bad omens. Also noting that last week was a holiday in the US so most have lighter staff. Not that any of this matters. Just trying to point out captain obvious I guess.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When they are not answering the phone nor responding to all the chatter what more does one need to tell you they are done as an ongoing concern?
you might be right. Of course. Whether right or wrong (from this site) - I have seen a pile on. Everyone that has read my posts knows what I've done. But Brian - have you ordered a mindstream>? Have you requested a refund? Have you contacted your credit card company.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Sorry I hope they didn’t go out of business. And if they did, hopefully they sold to someone who will keep working on it cause I really want something like this to work.

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn’t have a horrible experience. I didn’t bother emailing or asking anything while I waited. The week before my unit was to be delivered I got an email saying it would be late and an automatic 10 percent off.

Few weeks later I got the opportunity to get a trident / full apex setup. I responded to the email previously sent and let the guy know my situation. Gave me a full refund the next day.

I wanted this to work, but I’m also pleased to be moving forward.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t have a horrible experience. I didn’t bother emailing or asking anything while I waited. The week before my unit was to be delivered I got an email saying it would be late and an automatic 10 percent off.

Few weeks later I got the opportunity to get a trident / full apex setup. I responded to the email previously sent and let the guy know my situation. Gave me a full refund the next day.

I wanted this to work, but I’m also pleased to be moving forward.

I was told of the email with a discount would be coming in a week. But 2 weeks came and went without a reply. Emails and voicemails went unanswered. I got lucky and got an apex dos system and a trident bundle and will be doing auto-water changes. My bank gave me "a provisional credit" and I don't seen problems in it becoming permanent as I do have the email documentation. I was pretty excited about the mindstream. I am more excited to be moving on.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd question, and I normally wouldn't suggest this, but does anyone know if they actually have a business address or office? Maybe someone in the area could knock on the door? Or are they working as teams/startup out of owners homes (which I do not recommend to visit for many reasons and respect).

I only say this because here, and in another thread, some are saying they company is out of business. That I'm not sure I'd say unless there is a different form of proof. More to be fair to them and also not spread something that we "think" based on not hearing back.

They very well could be caught up in a problem and not have someone skilled enough to address everyone. Just putting on my 'be fair' hat and not assume the worse.

@MikeyD0182 putting in the extra effort to get everyone some answers!

Their website says the close at 6pm so I went there at 5 today and there’s fedex missed delivery slips on their door from 11/27 so idk what’s going on with them. However there was a sticky note on the inside of the door with a contact # so you can all try that # in the meantime.

06A94493-57B3-4698-9D76-143A8D0CE4D9.jpeg
6E8B8702-87F5-4263-8443-83F44CD0B448.jpeg
A9AF01C9-BD79-4C9F-A028-D51B0A5F5699.jpeg

U

User1

View Badges

Thanks to who went to check in.

Well, that isn't what I expected. I was honestly thinking it would be open.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

FYI - I think you maybe should delete the phone number - I called:) - She knows nothing about the status of the company - but only has sa key to the building. I just don't want her getting multiple calls. She has no knowledge of whats going on in the company

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI - I think you maybe should delete the phone number - I called:) - She knows nothing about the status of the company - but only has sa key to the building. I just don't want her getting multiple calls. She has no knowledge of whats going on in the company

PS - Thansk to whoever went to the company:)

U

User1

View Badges

Did you happen to ask - so...when was the last day you went to work, got paid, saw your boss, etc :D

Come on...throw down some 411!!!! In all seriousness hopefully you are mr. polite and said thank you, sorry to bother you, and we'll get the number removed (or I'm going to smack you (just kidding of course)). But something is odd, why leave a number like that on the door. That isn't just, well, normal.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to ask - so...when was the last day you went to work, got paid, saw your boss, etc :D

Come on...throw down some 411!!!! In all seriousness hopefully you are mr. polite and said thank you, sorry to bother you, and we'll get the number removed (or I'm going to smack you (just kidding of course)). But something is odd, why leave a number like that on the door. That isn't just, well, normal.

My assumption is property manager, realtor, whatever, if the tenants vacated.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I did - it was a woman (indeed named Jee - honestly - she sounded like a woman who answered the phone after hours one time - She literally said she has no information - but only has a key in case someone needed to get in. Either she is not telling the 'whole story' or doesnt know the 'whole story' - but either way - She was very nice - and I just dont want her getting 1000 calls lol

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that the founder, James Clark, has a new job as an independant consultant:
Experience
  • Self Employed
    Independent Consultant
    Self Employed

Nov 2019 – Present1 month
    Burlington, Vermont Area
    Engineering consultant with 33 years experience in electronics, wireless communications and product development. Circuit board design with a focus on embedded systems and sensors.
    Engineering consultant with 33 years experience in electronics, wireless communications and product development. Circuit board design with a focus on embedded systems and sensors.
  • Step Ahead Innovations, Inc.
    Chief Innovation Officer
    Step Ahead Innovations, Inc.

Mar 2016 – Nov 20193 years 9 months
    South Burlington, Vermont

I think this might have been what fueled speculation that they were closing-up shop. I've got no dog in the fight other than I was one who was very interested in purchasing but was holding-off until the backlog cleared.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
It sure doesn’t look very promising....

No - it doesn't. Not with stacked up packages being ignored.

Still we are speculating but as you said. It does not look promising and very hard for people to defend. I really do hope if anyone has an outstanding order to try and request a refund if you haven't already done so. The thing with social media is that people have time on their hands to dig. Stuff like this, if it pans out to be the worst case, will follow you. Jumping ship and saying you are a new consulting firm - good luck.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picture with phone # has been removed. If I knew it was not a # directly to someone for that company I wouldn’t have posted it.

10435D30-A51C-4CA7-B4D1-7409BA67B5AF.png
Assumed that - it was still interesting to talk to her...

Rich Klein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I filed a claim with my Visa CC company. They will respond in 10 days, but the timing does not seem to be a problem. I decided that the company's radio silence and lack of response for details on my order (11 weeks old) spoke volumes. Too bad, I'll need to decide between the Trident or GHL's suite of products and deal with their availability :-(.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back