Mindstream Starts Fulfilling Pre-sale Orders, General Sales Soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mindstream aquarium water chemistry monitor is one of the most highly anticipated new products in the aquarium hobby. After many, many years of being in development limbo, it was touch and go there whether the Mindstream would even see the light of day but finally today we have some great news to share. Mindstream creator […]
Source

Continue reading...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YAY!! Hopefully I'll get mine!! Looking forward to this!!

bigpaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally. I was part of the kickstart but I think I will wait and see how this pans out.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping that this works well at a reasonable monthly maintenance rate. Mindstream could connect to Alexa or Google home or some other Internet of Things devices. We can use the "cloud" to control our smart outlets and such.

If temperature is above X, switch on fan smart outlets from the cloud; switch on doser smart outlets if Alk is below Y, etc. And it would be easy for midstream to do. Don't need to build any new hardware. They can use what's on the market already. Maybe we can even use Alexa or Google home to "program" our parameters. It would be cool.

This could be a major change and a potential real threat to APEX, GHL, etc.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping that this works well at a reasonable monthly maintenance rate. Mindstream could connect to Alexa or Google home or some other Internet of Things devices. We can use the "cloud" to control our smart outlets and such.

If temperature is above X, switch on fan smart outlets from the cloud; switch on doser smart outlets if Alk is below Y, etc. And it would be easy for midstream to do. Don't need to build any new hardware. They can use what's on the market already. Maybe we can even use Alexa or Google home to "program" our parameters. It would be cool.

This could be a major change and a potential real threat to APEX, GHL, etc.

Unless they get bought out and the "cloud" is removed. Happened to me on another device I bought. Got an email saying they had been bought out for the technology and the cloud service would be shut down on this date and your product would no longer work.

Is $35 a month reasonable?

Entz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless they get bought out and the "cloud" is removed. Happened to me on another device I bought. Got an email saying they had been bought out for the technology and the cloud service would be shut down on this date and your product would no longer work.

Is $35 a month reasonable?
$35 isn't bad for what it does. That is less money than running a Trident at 8/4/4 (i.e. Double) and I don't think this will require component replacement over time like all the titration style testers (Longevity is an unknown).

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$30-$35 is reasonable if I can use it to control smart switches also. For just testing, I would like to see a $20/month recurring charge. I can pay $35 but it is a little high for just testing.

The cool thing about 15 minute measurements is that I can test various scenarios and see what happens fairly quickly. For example, what happens to the ammonia level if I feed reef roid with X quantity.

What is the alk consumption if I raise lower temperature? What are the alk consumption throughout the day? What is it when I raise by pH to 8.2 to 8.3 to 8.4, etc. So many what ifs....

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$30-$35 is reasonable if I can use it to control smart switches also. For just testing, I would like to see a $20/month recurring charge. I can pay $35 but it is a little high for just testing.

This is exciting. I read somewhere on the web that they raised $7 million for this project.

Edit, here it is: https://www.vermonttechnologyallian...undbreaking-Water-Technology-to-Consumers.htm

It will take them a LONG time to make that back, so I can't imagine the price going down anytime soon. They are telling people that the subscription is $35 per month, so I think we'll have to live with that.

The cool thing about 15 minute measurements is that I can test various scenarios and see what happens fairly quickly. For example, what happens to the ammonia level if I feed reef roid with X quantity.

What is the alk consumption if I raise lower temperature? What are the alk consumption throughout the day? What is it when I raise by pH to 8.2 to 8.3 to 8.4, etc. So many what ifs....

Exactly. If this thing works like it is supposed to, every 15 minutes, we will learn a lot about the impact of our tank husbandry practices on water parameters very quickly.

AquaFlow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting that Kickstarter shows this was un-successfully funded on Sept. 6, 2015. So how can backers be getting this?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quote: The Mindstream is unique in using chemically-sensitive material called ‘foils’ that demonstrate a change in color in conjunction with exposure to certain wavelengths of light.

I have always been skeptical of this process, Will these wheels or foils be releasing chems/elements into the water column ? what typ of adhesive is use to affix these test plates? still too many questions with no answers

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back