Mindstream Starts Fulfilling Pre-sale Orders, General Sales Soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll admit, I had assumed that they would never make it to market. I'm not likely to get one at this point, but I suppose the next year or two of seeing the results of these automated testers will help us to determine which ones work the best and are the most reliable.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quote: The Mindstream is unique in using chemically-sensitive material called ‘foils’ that demonstrate a change in color in conjunction with exposure to certain wavelengths of light.

I have always been skeptical of this process, Will these wheels or foils be releasing chems/elements into the water column ? what typ of adhesive is use to affix these test plates? still too many questions with no answers

I doubt they will release any chemicals. I have a buddy that beta tested these for years, and had no issues. The plates clip on.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your friend find the system to be reliable and comparable to testing kit results?
Yes, it was very useful. It is more accurate than test kits. It measures differently. For example, calcium test kits dissolve the calcium in the water and give you the color reading. This measures total calcium (which I don't know what it means0, but is supposed to be more accurate.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under 900 so 899. Lol
Better yet, $995USD.

Still despite people saying they have one I have not seen any videos from customers or the company with the final product. I find it extremely odd that after waiting 7 years to launch that they would be making a bigger deal. I personally can't see why people have been ordering and sending money with 0 proof a final product even exists.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better yet, $995USD.

Still despite people saying they have one I have not seen any videos from customers or the company with the final product. I find it extremely odd that after waiting 7 years to launch that they would be making a bigger deal. I personally can't see why people have been ordering and sending money with 0 proof a final product even exists.

My buddy signed an NDA, I imagine most the other beta uses did as well.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy signed an NDA, I imagine most the other beta uses did as well.
Right but their product has been released now. There is no reason why the company doesnt have a promotional video. Especially after 7 years of false promises and claims. They are taking orders and money with a 6-8 week shipping time. They missed a half dozen releases and owe millions, you would think they would have a big production for the release, not a FB post with no proof

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, 5.5 years since they started the FB pages. These comments stated it is in final stages in October of 2013 and beta testing was already started 2 months earlier plus all the redesign before that. IIRC it was announced the end of 2012 making just under 7 years since it was announced.
e455978f98049241b146a36af34a8b81.jpg
4d78edf3132444417b636d77dd4d68bd.jpg

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, 5.5 years since they started the FB pages. These comments stated it is in final stages in October of 2013 and beta testing was already started 2 months earlier plus all the redesign before that. IIRC it was announced the end of 2012 making just under 7 years since it was announced.
e455978f98049241b146a36af34a8b81.jpg
4d78edf3132444417b636d77dd4d68bd.jpg
I don't get the extreme resentment. Its possible they just suck at advertising/press. To me that really does not matter. I am simply excited about the product, have seen it in person, and function in person, and am going to start saving for a unit.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no resentment. Well actually maybe there is. I was one who was excited almost a decade ago when this was announced. Since then there has been a dozen false release dates and consistent lies and secrets. They have people all excited for something that may not even exist. People should have 0 confidence in them. People are ordering with 0 proof they work or even exist. They have raised over 7 million in angel funding so they are good at advertising or they wouldn't have gotten any money. With all that debt need to sell 10's of thousands of them to pay that back. What happens if they go bankrupt? The unit will be useless at that point.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no resentment. Well actually maybe there is. I was one who was excited almost a decade ago when this was announced. Since then there has been a dozen false release dates and consistent lies and secrets. They have people all excited for something that may not even exist. People should have 0 confidence in them. People are ordering with 0 proof they work or even exist. They have raised over 7 million in angel funding so they are good at advertising or they wouldn't have gotten any money. With all that debt need to sell 10's of thousands of them to pay that back. What happens if they go bankrupt? The unit will be useless at that point.

The last question is a very valid point. The rest, especially with the missed dates, appears to be what is expected from most of the companies that sell in this hobby, but speaking in absolutes of 0 is not truthful. Simply me seeing one operate says there is proof. This trend of piling on and being negative about stuff I don't feel overall helps. These negative attitudes may dissuade perspective users and in the end seal the fate of the product and end up bricking all the units. I think points like, what if the company goes bankrupt and the units are garbage due to the subscription model is a very good feedback, things like that will help improve products.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being negative, I am pointing out valid points about the product and company that people are over looking. If it comes across as negative, well that is usual when someone points out faults and truths that most people overlook.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why or you worried about what others or buying the money is not coming out of your pocket.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being negative, I am pointing out valid points about the product and company that people are over looking. If it comes across as negative, well that is usual when someone points out faults and truths that most people overlook.
You are referring to defensiveness, which I feel you are displaying, and also copped to having resentment. I do feel your if the company busts then what is a valid point, everything else is not so. But to go around in circles. I hope the product and all other promised products come out and give us more options and in the end more successful reefing experiences.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are referring to defensiveness, which I feel you are displaying, and also copped to having resentment. I do feel your if the company busts then what is a valid point, everything else is not so. But to go around in circles. I hope the product and all other promised products come out and give us more options and in the end more successful reefing experiences.
I hope they do as well and I also hope that this isn't another one of their charades like they have done over the last almost decade. Also, there has not been an actual proven production unit. At least Apex had physical units at suppliers for their launch of the Unicorn Trident. Right now this company is taking orders on a product that may not even physically been manufactured. Also giving a 6-8 week delivery time means you can not do a charge back on you CC if they do not ship it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back