Mindstream Starts Fulfilling Pre-sale Orders, General Sales Soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the market to purchase either this unit or Apex Trident.

I had a hard time finding any reviews for this product with solid video demonstration like Neptune has done. The fact that this product will do tests every 15 minutes and requires no calibration is very attractive.
Personally, main interest for me would be alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, ph and K the rest of the measurements are just nice to have.

I was just about ready to place a preorder but 4-8 weeks waiting time is a bit too long. Also then I went and looked for the app and couldn’t find one.

I’m very familiar and apex trident but can’t seem to find that in-stock either.

I guess for those who feel same as me, it’s going to be waiting game to see which one of these products becomes available sooner at our favorite retailers.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the market to purchase either this unit or Apex Trident.

I had a hard time finding any reviews for this product with solid video demonstration like Neptune has done. The fact that this product will do tests every 15 minutes and requires no calibration is very attractive.
Personally, main interest for me would be alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, ph and K the rest of the measurements are just nice to have.

I was just about ready to place a preorder but 4-8 weeks waiting time is a bit too long. Also then I went and looked for the app and couldn’t find one.

I’m very familiar and apex trident but can’t seem to find that in-stock either.

I guess for those who feel same as me, it’s going to be waiting game to see which one of these products becomes available sooner at our favorite retailers.

If you have an Apex then Trident is the better option hands down. It tests the big 3 and can correct those levels via DOS automatically. Plus the plethora of other benefits that come with a full controller. There is a price comparison on another thread here that is very interesting as well.

Bulkreefsupply has a wait list you can sign up for on the Trident I believe if you are interested.

You are finding a hard time with reviews on Mindstream because they have not done any, no one has an actual production unit. For some reason the beta testers are still blocked by their NDA. The company never did a product release video...nothing. All of which I find very fishy for a company already millions in debt. If they go bankrupt then the entire unit is worthless as it is 100% dependent on their website server and production of disks. At least if Apex or GHL **** down the only thing you would loose is the cloud services. The units would still 100% work for years afterwards.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's your option. But you don't take in to account apex add ons dont have a history of lasting to long.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back