Mindstream

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol, no I didn't forget to renew. I went in to my account and cancelled. I wanted to make sure it was actually going to work and did month to month until I was ready to sign up for a year. I had several months of fighting it with no resolution from SAI so I cancelled.

Just in case you don't get it, I was being sarcastic about forgetting I cancelled.

You shoudl check with 1. Mindstream and 2. with your credit card company about returning your unit. Why would you eat a $1000 loss - though I suppose, if the company fixes these short-term(hopeful) issues - perhaps you can restart your subscription.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You shoudl check with 1. Mindstream and 2. with your credit card company about returning your unit. Why would you eat a $1000 loss - though I suppose, if the company fixes these short-term(hopeful) issues - perhaps you can restart your subscription.
PS - I'd be willing to take it off your hands - if you want to get something out of it - PM me if interested

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping they can get their issues fixed or sell to a company that knows how to run a business so I have a working product. If someone were to make me a decent offer though I'd probably just sell it and cut my losses.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm hoping they can get their issues fixed or sell to a company that knows how to run a business so I have a working product. If someone were to make me a decent offer though I'd probably just sell it and cut my losses.

thats why I said PM me:)

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday my mindstream just decided to start reading my parameters again. I have no idea why as I still don't have a subscription. Anyway, the readings were pretty far off so I took the unit out and cleaned the sensors to see if it would help. So far it's still pretty far off but maybe it will even out after a few hours.
Screenshot_20191129-093651_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191129-093725_Apex Fusion.jpg

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the silence from the company is a strong indicator of this thing going south.. really really hope I am wrong..
Cant remember if they actually got a patent on this or not.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the silence from the company is a strong indicator of this thing going south.. really really hope I am wrong..
Cant remember if they actually got a patent on this or not.
Quite a few patents I believe.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the interesting thing.. Just my take.. and dont bash me.. but if they are throwing in the towel.. again,, just hypothetical. If they are not going forward.. I will expect someone .. aggressive someone to reverse engineer... and talk this to production.. See it all the time in our industry.. Just look at all the wave pumps and lights that have come out from our friends across the sea.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I would trust a company who reverse engineered it any more than I would trust SAI at this point.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my money back through American Express. Now at least I can think about switching to other auto-testing options.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my money back through American Express. Now at least I can think about switching to other auto-testing options.
Hi Robert. When did you purchase your MS unit? I tried to get my money back yesterday from AmEx, but AmEx rep. told me it was too late. She told me that AmEx requires a claim within 2 mo.'s. Perhaps she was wrong. Any info. would be helpful. Otherwise, it looks like I am out $900.00. Thanks!

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Robert. When did you purchase your MS unit? I tried to get my money back yesterday from AmEx, but AmEx rep. told me it was too late. She told me that AmEx requires a claim within 2 mo.'s. Perhaps she was wrong. Any info. would be helpful. Otherwise, it looks like I am out $900.00. Thanks!
If you used AX, there is no time limit for consumers to issue a dispute. The merchant has a time limit to respond to the dispute, and AX determines if the temporary credit should be permanent or if the dispute is not valid.

RCeiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you used AX, there is no time limit for consumers to issue a dispute. The merchant has a time limit to respond to the dispute, and AX determines if the temporary credit should be permanent or if the dispute is not valid.

This may not be true. Credit card benefits vary by the card. Amex May have multiple card types with varying levels of protection. One person may have an Amex with no time limit while another person has an Amex with 60 day limit. The credit card I used had a 60 day time limit which is why I cancelled my order and even posted on the boards here for people not to assume that they are protected and to CALL YOUR OWN CREDIT CARD COMPANY!

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1 didn't have a problem getting his money back from amex. I believe he said the time frame can be from order or when the product was supposed to be delivered.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was around MACNA. I would say around 2 months but maybe I got lucky. I just started a dispute on the website instead of calling a rep.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This may not be true. Credit card benefits vary by the card. Amex May have multiple card types with varying levels of protection. One person may have an Amex with no time limit while another person has an Amex with 60 day limit. The credit card I used had a 60 day time limit which is why I cancelled my order and even posted on the boards here for people not to assume that they are protected and to CALL YOUR OWN CREDIT CARD COMPANY!
I posted a similar thing - that each card may have their own policies. The FTC guarantees that they must have at least 60 days for a dispute - its unlimited for fraudulent charges. It needs to be made clear that when the charge was made that the expected delivery time was 6-8 or 8-10 weeks - and thats clearly documented by communication here and their website. When a situation like this happens the time to dispute usually starts when the item was to be delivered. This is what my card said

Back