Mindstream

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to warn of the cc timeline for disputes about 10 pages ago. If you are going to dispute it basically call now. Dont wait any longer. Once you get past 60 or 90 days it becomes a real pain and sometimes impossible.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep all your email communications and tell CC you will forward to them if requested. Good luck. I used a Wells Fargo CC (I hate that bank), but they gave me a refund at 11 weeks.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kz... you neeed to be firm and ask to speak to a supervisor.. not low end employee reading off the screen.. be firm that the company promised and promised over and over that it was coming .. Be clear that you are not disputing a warranty issue or a product that did not perform.. but rather a "failure to actually deliver the product . It took all that for my card company to agreed to credit it back... of course they asked if company filed bk.. because if that is the case.. we are out of luck

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took all that for my card company to agreed to credit it back... of course they asked if company filed bk.. because if that is the case.. we are out of luck

It does not matter if the company filed for bankruptcy. Credit Card protection works regardless of what happened to the company. You just need to make sure you request a refund within the time limit they have set.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a similar thing - that each card may have their own policies. The FTC guarantees that they must have at least 60 days for a dispute - its unlimited for fraudulent charges. It needs to be made clear that when the charge was made that the expected delivery time was 6-8 or 8-10 weeks - and thats clearly documented by communication here and their website. When a situation like this happens the time to dispute usually starts when the item was to be delivered. This is what my card said
This is what I thought. For fraudulent charges there is no time limit. As long as you have documents showing the item was not delivered within the promised date range you can open a dispute. In my case I also have email communications showing that I reached out to the seller with no estimated deliver date so it probably sped up the process.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does not matter if the company filed for bankruptcy. Credit Card protection works regardless of what happened to the company. You just need to make sure you request a refund within the time limit they have set.
+1
Basically if you paid for something but never received promised service or goods, that is considered a fraud and it then becomes the credit card company's responsibility to track down the "seller" to get the money back, not the consumer. Otherwise it would be just like buying stuff with cash with no protection whatsoever.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may not be true. Credit card benefits vary by the card. Amex May have multiple card types with varying levels of protection. One person may have an Amex with no time limit while another person has an Amex with 60 day limit. The credit card I used had a 60 day time limit which is why I cancelled my order and even posted on the boards here for people not to assume that they are protected and to CALL YOUR OWN CREDIT CARD COMPANY!
This is correct. My AMEX card is for 60 days only---written in the customer agreement. That being said, after being denied by 2 different customer service agents, a 3rd agent I called today was finally able to "open a dispute" after I clarified that delivery kept getting delayed by weeks. Hence, she was able to (deftly) interpret that the 60 days did not start until AFTER I was supposed to get the delivery. But, she had to really work hard to make this happen, and the other 2 reps did not even attempt to do this. So, as mentioned above, don't make any assumptions on protections. I thought I was out $900.00 until just a few minutes ago. Furthermore, I have not yet been credited back the $900.00. I assume that I will once AMEX tries to contact SAI and realizes that they are 'nowhere to be found'/incognito. Good luck to all!

Lastly, I do want to mention how angry I am at SAI! The way they handled this is despicable! To not even respond to their most loyal backers (e.g., RobbyG) is unconscionable and downright unethical. I am a medical doctor, and if I treated patients this way, I wouldn't have 1 single patient left. I wonder if it may even be illegal to refuse to give people their money back after pre-paying. These people have behaved like total scumbags! Even if they 'get their act together', it would take a lot for me (and I suspect for most people) to trust them again with our money.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kz... you neeed to be firm and ask to speak to a supervisor.. not low end employee reading off the screen.. be firm that the company promised and promised over and over that it was coming .. Be clear that you are not disputing a warranty issue or a product that did not perform.. but rather a "failure to actually deliver the product . It took all that for my card company to agreed to credit it back... of course they asked if company filed bk.. because if that is the case.. we are out of luck
Thanks for this info. I did just this on the 3rd call, and so far it is looking better--at least a dispute was filed, whereas I was I told previously be 2 separate agents (including a supervisor!) that there was nothing I could do. Now, we just wait and see. I'm just praying they don't file bankruptcy prior to my (or others') refunds.

kzp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, I want to mention how angry I am at SAI! The way they handled this is despicable! To not even respond to their most loyal backers (e.g., RobbyG) is unconscionable and downright unethical. I am a medical doctor, and if I treated patients this way, I wouldn't have 1 single patient left. I wonder if it may even be illegal to refuse to give people their money back after pre-paying. These people have behaved like total scumbags! Even if they 'get their act together', it would take a lot for me (and I suspect for most people) to trust them again with our money.

U

User1

View Badges
I tell my wife that if we had these same kinds of expectations for instant success with technology back in the 1960's we would have never gotten to the Moon.

Interesting way to look at it. We went to the moon on less compute than what our desktops or most phones have and doing the drafting using pencils, t-square, protractors, and a compass on paper ;) Not to mention they sort of thought it was a one way trip. In any case 60's are a much different time in the world compared to today sadly...

This has nothing to do with the disc or mindstream I guess...

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting way to look at it. We went to the moon on less compute than what our desktops or most phones have and doing the drafting using pencils, t-square, protractors, and a compass on paper ;) Not to mention they sort of thought it was a one way trip. In any case 60's are a much different time in the world compared to today sadly...

This has nothing to do with the disc or mindstream I guess...
I find it interesting that apparently their servers is still processing results. Right or wrong results but it appears the data for some is still bring process. So that implies either someone is maintaining the servers or if cloud base they are paying those bills I would think if they are truly out of business all servers would be gone. Has anyone received a disk lately. If not I guess existing users will be dead in the water soon.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it interesting that apparently their servers is still processing results. Right or wrong results but it appears the data for some is still bring process. So that implies either someone is maintaining the servers or if cloud base they are paying those bills I would think if they are truly out of business all servers would be gone. Has anyone received a disk lately. If not I guess existing users will be dead in the water soon.
I haven't gotten a disc recently because my subscription is cancelled but I'm still getting results every 15 minutes.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The server was probably setup a while ago and likely paid for already. Since there are not many people running their devices, they don't need to acquire additional servers which are quite expensive. Right now I am guessing they are just paying electricity bills to keep it running. Whether they are still running maintenance on the server is another story.

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct.. Failure to deliver a product could be considered fraud. Not to beat a dead horse.. anyone looking to argue with credit card companies needs to explain at the very start .. the history of the delays.. and importantly the broken repeated promises to deliver the product .. that in the end never materialized. If they cant even return phone calls and more.. I seriously doubt they would even fight a competitor to protect their patents. Not that I am promoting that.. but if this is good tech... and workable it real is a bummer we cant get a stronger company to produce it at an affordable cost.

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point they would need a big player to take over and make it a viable solution. But I guarantee that at least Amx is trying to recover the funds.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back