Mindstream

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Parody"

I just got off thr phone with the CEO of Seneye. They are interested in the tech and reached out to Mindstream.
He told me that the reef monitor they have is based on the same tech principles and it should not be extremely difficult to bring the Mindstream to production.

Of course they have to buy patents and invest in R&D but the future looks a little brighter for this product.
Non-parody :)
There are actually 9 patents held by SAI that are readily searchable in the data base that would be benefit any other company doing similar R&D.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Parody"

I just got off thr phone with the CEO of Seneye. They are interested in the tech and reached out to Mindstream.
He told me that the reef monitor they have is based on the same tech principles and it should not be extremely difficult to bring the Mindstream to production.

Of course they have to buy patents and invest in R&D but the future looks a little brighter for this product.

See this is what I'm talking about, positive solution to a situation. Would be neat to see who ends up with the tech Coralvue or Seneye, either way it's infinitely better than it just falling off the map.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
See this is what I'm talking about, positive solution to a situation. Would be neat to see who ends up with the tech Coralvue or Seneye, either way it's infinitely better than it just falling off the map. Thanks for looking into Seneye @Dj City
The key word in his post is 'parody' - hard to tell whether he did it or is being facetious. I have my feelings.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread was closed because the staff had noticed a rise in personal attacks by participants in the discussion against other participants in the discussion. Please remember that we strive to keep a family-friendly, welcoming, and flame free environment (CLICK HERE for more on this).

We have discussed this and we are going to reopen the thread, and we will simply remove individuals who engage in attacking one another or otherwise violating our TOS. Please note that moving forward, we will not tolerate any further attacks or insults towards other members. Feel free to continue this discussion, but do so in a civil manner.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread was closed because the staff had noticed a rise in personal attacks by participants in the discussion against other participants in the discussion. Please remember that we strive to keep a family-friendly, welcoming, and flame free environment (CLICK HERE for more on this).

We have discussed this and we are going to reopen the thread, and we will simply remove individuals who engage in attacking one another or otherwise violating our TOS. Please note that moving forward, we will not tolerate any further attacks or insults towards other members. Feel free to continue this discussion, but do so in a civil manner.

Thanks Daniel, It is a pretty hot topic right now and people say things with emotions first a lot of the time. So it's great to see that you guys have atleast given the topic itself a second chance, I know a lot of people come here for any updates and that can't happen if the thread isn't open.

From everything I've heard, the Mindstream will probably live on, I've spent the last day orso talking to a few people close to what's going on and more than one company has expressed serious interest in bringing it back to life. I hope everyone who does have one reaches out to a few larger industry leaders about there Hope's that it does continue on. Those that do have it and wish this, or those that don't and wish the same, shoot and email to [email protected] and express your interest. :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Daniel, It is a pretty hot topic right now and people say things with emotions first a lot of the time. So it's great to see that you guys have atleast given the topic itself a second chance, I know a lot of people come here for any updates and that can't happen if the thread isn't open.

From everything I've heard, the Mindstream will probably live on, I've spent the last day orso talking to a few people close to what's going on and more than one company has expressed serious interest in bringing it back to life. I hope everyone who does have one reaches out to a few larger industry leaders about there Hope's that it does continue on. Those that do have it and wish this, or those that don't and wish the same, shoot and email to [email protected] and express your interest. :)
agreed. I hope things go well for the technology - for me personally - I hate testing - this would be a great addition.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

That's great news! I'm really hoping! *fingers crossed*

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's interesting he does talk about the possibility of Mindstream living on and even Reef Builders doesn't seem to think it's entirely dead. They also don't seem to think that it's fraud or anything else nefarious for that matter.

Well, he does neglect to mention that hundreds of people sent them $1000 and presumably are having to pursue credit card claims due to lack of communication and presumed closure. No? He mentions people potentially being stuck with an unusable unit, but not all the people who placed an order.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he tiptoes around that hundreds of people sent them $1000 and presumably are having to pursue credit card claims. No?

He does, but who wouldn't at this point? Fraud is speculative at best this point in time (I still think they simply didn't have the capital to increase production, insanely expensive endeavor in the US). If you read the whole thing it atleast seems that Reef Builders doesn't feel it was fraud moreso SAI bit off more than they could chew so to speak. To be fair, theres no way Reef Builders would really hint fraud with no investigation afoot or proof of it otherwise...

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will simply add that I did see Reef Builders perusing the various Mindstream threads last weekend. Most of what was written has been stated here already and without any direct quotes it would seem he gathered that information here. Regardless, I am glad he shared it on another large platform in hopes of reaching others beyond R2R.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now we know.

I still have faith the technology will be developed and brought to market.
Don't know when or by whom but I believe it will happen.

I'm still sorry for all parties involved.
Investors, employees, customers that paid and never receive their unit but especially customers who paid and DID receive their unit. Those people will have no recourse.

I never thought it was a case of fraud on the part of SAI. Never thought it was a case of malicious intent.
I think they just ran out of money for whatever reasons.

I feel badly for all parties.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Murica

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he does neglect to mention that hundreds of people sent them $1000 and presumably are having to pursue credit card claims due to lack of communication and presumed closure. No? He mentions people potentially being stuck with an unusable unit, but not all the people who placed an order.

i do have to disagree with the part of the article that states the employees feel the worst about letting customers down. Many of us save up for lengthy periods of time to afford this amazingly awesome hobby. Going out of business happens to businesses everyday, but spending that much of your personal money for something that you can’t use... idk i feel worse for the consumers. O well at least there’s finally a disposition with the company, hopefully someone will take the reins and start it back up again.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just caution that any attempt to bring this technology out in another form would likely be a long process that could easily get caught up in a court fight over debt and ownership of the technology. I too hope that it will be revived in another form and would be happy to share my experiences in that effort with anyone making a sincere effort to do so.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just caution that any attempt to bring this technology out in another form would likely be a long process that could easily get caught up in a court fight over debt and ownership of the technology. I too hope that it will be revived in another form and would be happy to share my experiences in that effort with anyone making a sincere effort to do so.

Absolutely and I would hazard to guess any of the larger companies would be factoring this in on there considerations to acquire it. I'm sure they would have to work out something for those who have been stinged by SAI, whether it's free disks for a year or a 50% refund but still get the unit, or full refund and a free unit. Whatever it may be it's something that would have to be addressed early on in the acquisition process and communicated clearly right from the get go.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did mention it...
"We know there’s a lot of customers who have purchased a unit but never received it,"

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back