Mindstream

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I am out the money and never received a product. And they are not responding to me. I have not tried to be a negative energy on these threads. However, they have my money and will not respond or refund. There are not many other options to feel beside negative. And I have no idea what their intentions were, I can only see their actions (or lack of).

And I know I have tried venting these thoughts to MS, but I am not hearing anything back. For me, this is a way to vent those feelings, and keep in the loop about the status (like checking with the credit card company...I did not realize some had a time limit).
I still believe in the product, just not the company. I will be letting CoralVue know that I am still interested.

Thanks for sharing @SandJ Venting is certainly justified in such a frustrating situation, glad to see you're atleast willing to explore all the options. I hope that either way things work out for you :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"....the company locked its doors" and you "agree that's a bad sign - and likely they have ceased business"? Am I missing something? Is there any other interpretation of this outcome but to "being a bad sign"? Why do you say that they "likely" "ceased business" when multiple former employees (including Ryan) have gone on the record to say that they HAVE ceased operating and laid off all employees?

I am only suggesting that saying 'fraud', 'scam', and words such as this are different than a company (take the multiple retailers that have suddenly gone out of business as an example) - going out of business due to poor business practices.

As @saf1 said to another poster - Im not going to go and quote every post that lead to the answer you are quoting - but you are taking it out of context. I believe they are 'out of business'. I do not believe that there is any evidence out there that they have formally declared bankruptcy, have relinquished their IP - or have relinquished their rights to have an NDA with whomever they want.

People suggesting otherwise - are just guessing. imho

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Dj City I agree that all we can do is speculate what is happening with the company. I know I am still out over $700 from them and I am going to see if the Vermont Attorney General can find out for sure what is happening.
why not just go to your credit card company? - maybe you posted before - but I dont remember (sorry) - If you bought with another method - yes you might be - but both PayPal and banks have remedies for things like this - I'd be interested in what your experience has been

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately, I am out the money and never received a product. And they are not responding to me. I have not tried to be a negative energy on these threads. However, they have my money and will not respond or refund. There are not many other options to feel beside negative. And I have no idea what their intentions were, I can only see their actions (or lack of).

And I know I have tried venting these thoughts to MS, but I am not hearing anything back. For me, this is a way to vent those feelings, and keep in the loop about the status (like checking with the credit card company...I did not realize some had a time limit).
I still believe in the product, just not the company. I will be letting CoralVue know that I am still interested.
Btw - as has been posted before - the time limit for at least some credit card companies starts with the expected delivery date - thus you should be covered. there is a lot of fear being expressed here - which is not true - the 60 day limit varies between card companies - and cards - and circumstances. 60 days is the MINiMUM per the FTC

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread should certainly stay open. Companies go under/are purchased/sold all the time. Remember Little Debbie? We weren't ever going to have another snack cake and it was super depressing. But guess what is still on the shelves? Little Debbies!

The fact that so many people were willing to make such a large purchase without any idea of shipment date shows that this product description fit a need in the community. As far as the tech goes, I think it is great to continue to discuss it. I actually mentioned it to a friend of mine who helps start tech companies and suggested we try to purchase the company (jokingly) last week over lunch. I really hope the R and D continues and that a product eventually does come to market, even if under a different company.

Additionally, I think it is important that those who did not have orders fulfilled be reimbursed and knowing what others in the community are doing legally about their purchase and making sure no deadlines are missed is incredibly important.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing @SandJ Venting is certainly justified in such a frustrating situation, glad to see you're atleast willing to explore all the options. I hope that either way things work out for you :)

Thanks!
Truth be told, I would still be waiting for my Mindstream if the company was still communicating with me. I think it is an awesome product.

I believe the credit card company will make it right for me. I am concerned that it may not work out as well for others. Every credit card is different and some people may not know the rules of their card (I had no idea).

R2R is a awesome community of people. You frequently see people stepping up to help each other out. When a company (that is also a Sponsor) has caused monetary damage to so many people, it is instinct to want each other out and to also protect others from the same issue.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
People defending this company aren’t really helping or being any use in a meaningful way either. What we need is a thread that is clear that this company is closed, the investors left, there isn’t a working product, and people should contact their credit card for a refund. ASAP.

That would be helpful.
why dont you start one? Not being snarky - being serious. I havent read any posts today suggesting otherwise. Unless you're talking about the one that I made that was taken out of context - or at least misunderstood.

The company has locked doors.
It is likely if not 'out of business entirely' - likely in very serious trouble.
if you have ordered the product - make the case with your CC for a dispute. As has been discussed multiple times its likely you will get that.
The fact that the doors are locked does not mean NDA's are 'released'. etc etc etc. there is LIKELY an entire legal process to go through.

Yet some here are claiming fraud, scam, etc etc - well - as a victim - I disagree. what skin do the rest of you have in the 'game' (except a couple) . Both sides have opinions - yours is not better (or worse) than those that disagree.

But - again - maybe its best start you own thread - and let the rest of us - who have still not gotten 'final refunds' or any refunds discuss things - as well as the possible sale/takeover of the technology.

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw - as has been posted before - the time limit for at least some credit card companies starts with the expected delivery date - thus you should be covered. there is a lot of fear being expressed here - which is not true - the 60 day limit varies between card companies - and cards - and circumstances. 60 days is the MINiMUM per the FTC

My card does not have a time limit. And I get the money back even if the credit card company does not get their money from the company (as long as they do not find in the company’s favor).

I would encourage everyone to find out what the rules are for their card.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My card does not have a time limit. And I get the money back even if the credit card company does not get their money from the company (as long as they do not find in the company’s favor).

I would encourage everyone to find out what the rules are for their card.
Thansk - I didnt mean to call you out - it just seemed like in one of your posts you 'gave up' on that option - I'm glad that you're pursuing it....;)

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
Truth be told, I would still be waiting for my Mindstream if the company was still communicating with me. I think it is an awesome product.

I believe the credit card company will make it right for me. I am concerned that it may not work out as well for others. Every credit card is different and some people may not know the rules of their card (I had no idea).

R2R is a awesome community of people. You frequently see people stepping up to help each other out. When a company (that is also a Sponsor) has caused monetary damage to so many people, it is instinct to want each other out and to also protect others from the same issue.

I agree, these situations certainly can bring out the worst of people, but I also think there are other ways than being protective. We can also strive to better things, for those that already have a unit there is very little recourse, so why not atleast attempt to revive things for the betterment of those members as well. Atleast that's where my mind is at anyway, maybe I'm insane...

I think it's an awesome product as well, like anything else that is new, it needs some work. So I'd like to atleast exhaust every option at hand to attempt to get it revived.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the right tech people and engineers, I'd still invest in this technology. Failure just gives you more ideas about what won't work. I'm certain that if it was working, even unreliably, that the equipment is worth investment and further design. Getting it to work is the first hurdle. Figuring out how to get it to work reliably, is the next. Perhaps it could seal itself and not take measurements so often. A measurement every 5 minutes and then pressuring all the water out may be one of many viable ideas to prevent sensor disruptions. Just needs to get into a new set of hands, potentially.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree, these situations certainly can bring out the worst of people, but I also think there are other ways than being protective. We can also strive to better things, for those that already have a unit there is very little recourse, so why not atleast attempt to revive things for the betterment of those members as well. Atleast that's where my mind is at anyway, maybe I'm insane...

I think it's an awesome product as well, like anything else that is new, it needs some work. So I'd like to atleast exhaust every option at hand to attempt to get it revived.
Those that have a unit should also file a dispute - some cards allow it - In this case it would be because there is an ongoing subscription (at least thats what I would argue)

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think we can do both, one is not dependent on the other. I am glad that someone posted about contacting CoralVue. Without these threads I would have no idea about that option

The first issue for me is recovering the money so I am able to purchase another if CoralVue puts it back into production. I can multitask and do both those things :)

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread should certainly stay open. Companies go under/are purchased/sold all the time. Remember Little Debbie? We weren't ever going to have another snack cake and it was super depressing. But guess what is still on the shelves? Little Debbies!

The fact that so many people were willing to make such a large purchase without any idea of shipment date shows that this product description fit a need in the community. As far as the tech goes, I think it is great to continue to discuss it. I actually mentioned it to a friend of mine who helps start tech companies and suggested we try to purchase the company (jokingly) last week over lunch. I really hope the R and D continues and that a product eventually does come to market, even if under a different company.

Additionally, I think it is important that those who did not have orders fulfilled be reimbursed and knowing what others in the community are doing legally about their purchase and making sure no deadlines are missed is incredibly important.

I love seeing optimistic posts like this.

I agree with you 99%. It would be 100% if the thread could regain some sense of what R2R is about and stop being such a negative thread.

I feel sorry for those that lost money. That really sucks!
I feel bad for those that have had blind, misguided hope that the company would come through despite the obvious signs to the contrary. As I said earlier in this thread, it's painful to see fellow reefers being taken advantage of. It's painful to see people defend their abusers.

The other side is that's it's not cool to kick someone when they are down. Losing a grand can really dampen your spirits.

Seeing that debate go on and on is unproductive.
NOBODY ON THIS THREAD KNOWS WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON WITH MINDSTREAM. Nobody here knows what happened, what's happening or what will happen.
We can make educated guesses and reasonable assumptions.

The tech idea is awesome! I truly hope someone can develop it and bring it to market. I truly believe it can and will be done.

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

I would be waiting too if they communicated. Sad that this new technology is going to be delayed for the general public until this gets sorted out. Hoping that maybe the English company Seneye might buy the IP as they are working on a similar tech product currently and this would speed things up for them.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMHO - and its only my opinion - In 2 years - the next best thing will be 'reagent free' automatic testing - whether its this tech - or another. I guess we will see

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be waiting too if they communicated. Sad that this new technology is going to be delayed for the general public until this gets sorted out. Hoping that maybe the English company Seneye might buy the IP as they are working on a similar tech product currently and this would speed things up for them.

Seneye is another good company to reach out to, I hadn't even thought of that.

Sharis100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seneye is another good company to reach out to, I hadn't even thought of that.
Seneye has been around a long time, they are well established and entrenched in Europe. And they are going down the same pathway developing their monitor with the use of slides. And at a reasonable price point.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Parody"

I just got off thr phone with the CEO of Seneye. They are interested in the tech and reached out to Mindstream.
He told me that the reef monitor they have is based on the same tech principles and it should not be extremely difficult to bring the Mindstream to production.

Of course they have to buy patents and invest in R&D but the future looks a little brighter for this product.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Parody"

I just got off thr phone with the CEO of Seneye. They are interested in the tech and reached out to Mindstream.
He told me that the reef monitor they have is based on the same tech principles and it should not be extremely difficult to bring the Mindstream to production.

Of course they have to buy patents and invest in R&D but the future looks a little brighter for this product.
Awesome @Dj City thanks for doing that

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back