Missing Anthias :(

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been 2 days and my carberryi anthias hasnt come out under the rock which he sleeps i have no hope hes coming out not really sure what happened to him ive had him 5 months and he never misses a meal and is always out swimming i do have 2 other anthias female square anthias but they dont bother each other

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked for her at night? I have a randalls anthia whonever comes out during the day, even though shes never bullied and if she is chased she doesn't care, but does come out when the lights are off and i can never see her in the day.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked for her at night? I have a randalls anthia whonever comes out during the day, even though shes never bullied and if she is chased she doesn't care, but does come out when the lights are off and i can never see her in the day.
yea i have ive looked with a flashlight in every tight space in the rocks i can find shes nowhere to be found and i have mesh tops so she couldnt have jumped

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with 7 and have 4 now. One disappears every few months or so. I have never seen a body.
There must be stuff going on in our tanks at night we don't know about.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh sh** i just looked under the rock again with a flashlight and shes under the rock swimming but wont come out holy cow lol i feel stupid now panicking over nothing but im wondering why she wont come out

IMG_20200501_125606.jpg

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with 7 and have 4 now. One disappears every few months or so. I have never seen a body.
There must be stuff going on in our tanks at night we don't know about.
IME, over the last 20 years, this is a pretty common occurrence with many fish. With the exception of large fish, I have rarely seen a dead fish body in my tanks. Unlike freshwater systems, when A fish dies in our tanks, there is a lot more biodiversity and organisms that can and will consume the dead fish in a very short time.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh sh** i just looked under the rock again with a flashlight and shes under the rock swimming but wont come out holy cow lol i feel stupid now panicking over nothing but im wondering why she wont come out

IMG_20200501_125606.jpg
Can you try and target feed food into his cave, and maybe spend 10+ minutes a couple of feet away from your tank, observing it to see if theres anything youre missing, if you havent already.

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you try and target feed food into his cave, and maybe spend 10+ minutes a couple of feet away from your tank, observing it to see if theres anything youre missing, if you havent already.
im going to try that now gonna be tough tho the tank is 28" high and i have short arms but i got a turkey baster lol

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So anyone have any idea what could be wrong with her? shes finally come out from her cave this morning was in there since last friday i dunno if she got any food down there i tried to spot feed her but now she just hangs around the bottom of the tank like the picture and still wont feed.

im tryin to get my QT restarted i broke it down and cleaned it out the beginning of april waiting for my salt to come tomorrow i got the salinity up to 1.10 then ran out of salt i will put her in the QT if she makes it til tomorrow im not even sure what to treat her for

IMG_20200506_100826.jpg IMG_20200506_100834.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back