Missing fish

pufferenthusiast

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2024
Messages
68
Reaction score
11
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not the first time that this has occurred.. I’ve had fish disappear from time to time but I had assumed that my large puffer was eating them. (Now deceased) RECENTLY however, my 5” yellow tang just went missing and is no where to be found in my tank. There is no way for him to jump out or to get sucked into the overflow, also no evidence of someone eating him.

Tankmates:
3” Porcupine puffer
2.5” Hippo tang
Royal Gramma Basslet
Clarkii Clown Pair
2” Humu Humu Picasso Trigger
 
It could very well be somewhere in your rock work. If you have a robust cleanup crew, they can also make very quick work of a dead fish as well. How big is the tank?
 
It could very well be somewhere in your rock work. If you have a robust cleanup crew, they can also make very quick work of a dead fish as well. How big is the tank?
no cuc in tank because of puffer and trigger. Plan to upgrade to a 125 here soon as soon as I finish plumbing it. It’s a marineland 90 gal as of now. I lifted the main spot he hides in and he wasn’t there.
 
Your trigger might be going on a murder spree. This happened to me when I had my huma huma and she bit the snout off my yellow tang and killed it. Figured it was her that was making my other fish vanish and got rid of her
 
no cuc in tank because of puffer and trigger. Plan to upgrade to a 125 here soon as soon as I finish plumbing it. It’s a marineland 90 gal as of now. I lifted the main spot he hides in and he wasn’t there.
If there's no CUC it should be somewhere in the tank then. If it is deceased, it could be anywhere in the rockwork, not just where it usually hides. I would try and remove it ASAP to avoid issues with water fouling.
 
FISH HAS BEEN FOUND! Was found stuck underneath a rock and dead. Wish I could’ve known sooner! $260 of serotonin and a yellow tang addicted to chasing cheeto puff
 
FISH HAS BEEN FOUND! Was found stuck underneath a rock and dead. Wish I could’ve known sooner! $260 of serotonin and a yellow tang addicted to chasing cheeto puff
Sorry to hear you found it deceased!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new