Missing Midas Blenny

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been without electricity now for about a day and a half. The first five hours were spent trying to find a generator (which we ended up doing) and the tank was not running. Every since we got the generator, the tank has been going with minimal interruptions. All the other fish are acting relatively normal and eating and the corals (mostly softies and LPS) look normal as well. However, my Midas Blenny has been gone since the power first went off. Is it possible the Blenny is just hiding? He’s been very friendly in the past and always out, basically since the day I got him. Is it possible he’s just hiding? I’ve checked the overflow and around the tank and he wasn’t there.

Thanks everyone.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may be hiding still somewhere in the rock work...but they tend to have their favorite hiding spots and stick to those areas. I'd check that overflow again with a bright light. If you don't have a lid, I'd be looking all around the tank...and smell the cat's breath if you have one! He could also be in your sump if he went down your drain lines somehow.

OP
OP
ccole

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I hope he’s just hiding somewhere. Power will still be out for another couple of days most likely. Crossing my fingers my other fish continue to do alright.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back