Missing tang

Passion12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my tank this morning and realized my 2" blue tang is missing, I can't even remember when I saw him last, atleast a week I would guess. I've checked the floor, moved everything in the tank, checked the filter. Does this happen a lot? I'm so bummed out.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blue tang is such a scaredy-cat he hides in the rocks all day only comes out during feeding time then right back to the rocks

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my tank this morning and realized my 2" blue tang is missing, I can't even remember when I saw him last, atleast a week I would guess. I've checked the floor, moved everything in the tank, checked the filter. Does this happen a lot? I'm so bummed out.
Do you not look at your fish daily? How do you go a week before you notice one hasn’t been swimming around and eating and whatnot?

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? Does he usually hide for days? What other fish do you have? How long have you had him for and how big is the fish? Normally they come out to eat. If it died and you have other fish in the tank, they could have eaten him

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our blue tang hides under the rock. One time, for almost all day, because she/he was made (I guess) at me for cleaning the tank...hahaha

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
They wedge themselves as mentioned within rock
Generally food brings them out as does dim light
Hopefully this is the case

OP
OP
Passion12

Passion12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They usually hide inside of a hole in the rockwork.
I went to the fish store to get another tang, when I got home the missing one was swimming around like nothing was wrong, I said "and just where have you been, I looked everywhere for you", now he has a twin. Crazy...

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you not look at your fish daily? How do you go a week before you notice one hasn’t been swimming around and eating and whatnot?
Very easy depends on the tank and fish. I had a flame Angel that I could watch the tank for hours and never see it. Then I never saw it again

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the fish store to get another tang, when I got home the missing one was swimming around like nothing was wrong, I said "and just where have you been, I looked everywhere for you", now he has a twin. Crazy...
2 blue tangs in what size tank?

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trolling?

Don't notice the fish is missing for a week. Look for fish in morning. Then go immediately get another one in the afternoon? Something is fishy here...

Eleni18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 blue tangs in what size tank?
I am sorry, I thought you said this was your second blue tang missing? So you went out and got a third one? What sizeis your tank to house 3 hippo tangs?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 138 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back