Mitras LX7 Connection Issues

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI,
I have GCC version 1.1.3.1 on my Windows 10 PC. Yesterday I tried updating the software by typing in http://192.168.xx.xx in my browser. And updated the wifi FW version. Next I set up static IP on my Mitras. Next I configure my GCC to connect to the static IP, it connects for a a few seconds and then it says communication error and closes. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I also tried pinging the IP, The ping is not consistent, i get anywhere between 25-75% packet loss. I also tried assigning a new IP, Same results

The fixture connects via USB.

General tab shows - Fw Version 1.10 and a new FW update is available

Communication Tab shows - The newly assigned static ip, in the current field. Wifi Modus is Client and Access Pt. Wifi Status - Ready, connected as client, File system Ok are all checked. Module version is 7083.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Vamsi.

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - Managed to upgrade the FW version to 1.11, other problems still persist

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say it’s most likely a router issue. Have you updated the firmware on that?

I use the USB whenever I’m doing anything even slightly complex. Wi-Fi and MYGHL are good for day to day tasks.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the USB whenever I’m doing anything even slightly complex. Wi-Fi and MYGHL are good for day to day tasks.
I'll second this. If I'm going to spend any amount of time in light composer it's via USB. The GCC over Wi-Fi eventually ends up dropping out at some point.

But I haven't had it drop out in a matter of seconds as is occurring for the OP. Must be some other issue going on, outside of the normal drop outs on GCC over Wi-Fi.

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to reset/flash the wifi and start all over again ?

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates - Managed to update the Firmware all 3 lights. I set up on light as Master and the other two as a slave. The slaves are on the same frequency and channel as the Master. I also updated the wifi firmware on the master and one slave, the other slave no matter what I do, the wifi updater is not able to connect to it.

I figured the wifi is not required for the slaves, so I went ahead and disabled them. So only the Master has wifi enabled on it.

The next step was to try to create a connection in the GCC software. So using wifi the master light connects for a few seconds and gives me a communication error. Tried multiple times, this time when it connected I clicked on the communication, wifi settings are blank. Ping works

But if I connect with the USB cable I see all my wifi settings.

I also restarted my router.

Thank you,
Vamsi.

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, will do that. Master and slave are on the same address, only the IP's are different.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, will do that. Master and slave are on the same address, only the IP's are different.
I think each light needs to be on the same channel with a different address (1, 2, 3) to work in the master/slave configuration.

Not sure this would cause the disconnect issue though.

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was how I configured the Master.

pic1.jpg Pic1_1.png

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point, I will change and post back. Thanks

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This time I had updated the FW with USB connected. I managed to update for two, but the the third one will not connect , I can see in the cmd window that it is trying to connect. Tried reinstalling firmware for the light and tried updating the wifi FW using the update tool. But it will not connect. Attaching files.

slave_left_0.png slave_left_1.jpg slave_right_0.png slave_right_1.png

OP
OP
Vamsi

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I able to ping the master and the left save with out any issues, destination host unreachable when i try to ping the right slave. The right slave is the one, I am not able to update the wifi FW no matter what. The screen shots will show the the Master and Left slave with wifi FW 7083 and the Right Slave at 6947

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back