Mixing Supplements and putting on a doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dannyt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently supplement my tank with the following weekly dose (though i split it into 2 days)

2ML Vanadium
8ML Iodine
33ML Manganese

I'm wondering -- can I mix a monthly supply of all three and put it on a doser to evenly dose 24/7? Or will mixing them cause some type of reaction?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend putting them together as you are then relying on the consumption of those 3 elements remaining equal which is not always the case.

Halostemanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the only reason not to mix? Assume your going to dose the above quantities for a month. Couldn't you make up a solution of the three to last a month? Or will there be unwanted chemical reactions? Thanks

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were to make them up then I would only make enough to do month by month followed by testing to keep an eye on it, some of the element consumption is very dynamic and can change significantly from one week to the next, this is why we do not offer maintenance dose information for some elements.

Iodine, Manganese, and Vanadium can go together but they must be diluted with RO. Strontium can be added to Calcium safely. All other elements must be dosed individually as they are too reactive to be mixed.

Halostemanic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that's useful information as I generally dose these manually weekly and it would be useful to dose them daily. I hear your concerns on varying uptake.

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently supplement my tank with the following weekly dose (though i split it into 2 days)

2ML Vanadium
8ML Iodine
33ML Manganese

I'm wondering -- can I mix a monthly supply of all three and put it on a doser to evenly dose 24/7? Or will mixing them cause some type of reaction?
Thats funny, I dose the same three elementz and about the same portions.
HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE DOSE THESE THREE?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back