Mobius App - Connection Timeout

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It’s working now, tried it three times with time in between.

Not for me....gave one , take one? It did work earlier for me. I guess Ecotech likes musical chairs... they sure are good at it.

Screenshot_20220725-221113_Mobius.jpg

RobbieMaynard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious on why you have to unplug to feed? Why don't you just press the power on/off button? Also if by chance you turn your Vortech's off, I am not sure if you are aware that if you have multiple Vortech's all you have to do is push the power button for a second or two on any one of them and all Vortech's will turn off. To turn back on just press the power button on one and all will turn back on. Just an FYI in case you were not aware of this.
Thanks. To be honest I never even mess with the buttons on the control, I’ve always used the feed button on the app. But now I see what you mean. Appreciate it.

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why physical local controls are so important. They can simply drop support for any product at any time and the consumer is left with nothing but an expensive paper weight. Apps can be fun and convenient when they work. You should still have control without them. Kamoer fx-stp for the win.
Funny you say that, because I was going to purchase an Apex this weekend, and the reason I did not was two fold, 1st the LFS was out of stock, second is after a conversation with the LFS I learned that Vortech Pumps (which all of mine are 4 MP40's and 2 Vectra M2's) which I cant control with the apex. So I said I will hold off until these three companies get their act together and start acting like cooperating partners.

I mean really I work for IBM and we partner with organizations we compete with all of the time. It can be done and it can be done well and professionally.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex used to have an Ecotech module that controlled Radions and Vortechs. If memory serves, it wasn’t that successful and it’s been discontinued. WXM it was called? Their WAV and COR return pumps were designed pre-BRS-MD-Neptune acquisitions, so who knows what the future holds re: integration, but this is a poor look and the elimination of a forum presence is terrifying.

herozero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean really I work for IBM and we partner with organizations we compete with all of the time. It can be done and it can be done well and professionally.
I’ve seen it go both ways, it depends on the teams and who you work with, to be honest. I’ve been part of a few poor IBM integrations that improved and some good ones off the bat.
Ecotech and Neptune/Apex and BRS are under the same P&E group now, so only a matter of time before we can tell if the mbas are messing with them beyond repair.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s call it as it is…Ecotech is a non presence, before the buy up of these companies we the reefers had better customer service. Ecotech sorry to see you go.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen it go both ways, it depends on the teams and who you work with, to be honest. I’ve been part of a few poor IBM integrations that improved and some good ones off the bat.
Ecotech and Neptune/Apex and BRS are under the same P&E group now, so only a matter of time before we can tell if the mbas are messing with them beyond repair.
Definitely messing with them.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex used to have an Ecotech module that controlled Radions and Vortechs. If memory serves, it wasn’t that successful and it’s been discontinued. WXM it was called? Their WAV and COR return pumps were designed pre-BRS-MD-Neptune acquisitions, so who knows what the future holds re: integration, but this is a poor look and the elimination of a forum presence is terrifying.
Actually worse, Ecotech made them discontinue it because they wanted all pump control to be proprietary, also making sure new equipment would not work with it.

Just makes this Mobius stuff sting more, as they have made it the only option. They are going out of their way to stomp out collaboration.

Last edited:

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how they marked it as solved, just wow.

Attachments

• C66ABE9A-7A6D-4D3B-9BFB-4EC3B64E54FB.png
    C66ABE9A-7A6D-4D3B-9BFB-4EC3B64E54FB.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 36043B45-9BD4-4A28-A0D7-109B8DC135C6.jpeg
    36043B45-9BD4-4A28-A0D7-109B8DC135C6.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 56

oak600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a power outage in my area which screwed with the schedule and I still couldn’t log in to fix it. Ecotech products are literally life support for the aquarium and they don’t function. I’m out. I’m not going to risk the health of a several thousand dollar tank to something that might kill all of my corals because Ecotech can’t get their ducks straight.

I’ll go back to Kessils and their 0-10V control that I can manage with a custom controller. This is nuts.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Finally back on after rebooting my phone. Ecotech just what are you people doing? Trying to lose customers? I got thousands invested on your stuff that can only be controlled via Bluetooth with no other alternatives.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220726-072329_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20220726-072329_Mobius.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 48

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting a lot of problems setting up my two radions but it went fine and they updated fine.

My guess is if I had pumps or something that prompted me to log in more often I would be mad but lights are more or less set and forget.

oak600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting a lot of problems setting up my two radions but it went fine and they updated fine.

My guess is if I had pumps or something that prompted me to log in more often I would be mad but lights are more or less set and forget.
Until you have a power outage and the lights forget their programming….

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back