Mobius App - Connection Timeout

oak600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Ecotech. They said they were working on the issue, that it was a scheduled update, and that Mobius should be up soon. Not sure I believe a word of any of that.

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Ecotech. They said they were working on the issue, that it was a scheduled update, and that Mobius should be up soon. Not sure I believe a word of any of that.
If they are doing an update then they should send out a group email to everyone that uses Mobius giving us a heads up. They have all of our emails and sending a group email is not that difficult. I just sent a comment on Bertram's comment section complaining about this very thing. I will be surprised if I hear back from them.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm that updating iOS to 15.6 allowed me to login and Mobius appears to be functioning properly.

gt4profession

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with customer support. He said the servers should be back up soon, the team is working on them. I asked him if he knew what was the issue and as always they really don’t know (or won’t say)

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets be honest.. Mobius has been around long enough now to see new model generations.. this should not be an issue.
Even during an upgrade period this should not be an issue especially if the upgrades were properly tested in Dev before being rolled out to production.

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with customer support. He said the servers should be back up soon, the team is working on them. I asked him if he knew what was the issue and as always they really don’t know (or won’t say)
Funny, the companies I do work for dont say anything when they have an incident. ( I work in Incident response / Cyber Security.)

Mbritt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are doing an update then they should send out a group email to everyone that uses Mobius giving us a heads up. They have all of our emails and sending a group email is not that difficult. I just sent a comment on Bertram's comment section complaining about this very thing. I will be surprised if I hear back from them.
They could post or answer in their Facebook channel as well which it seems they are MIA on as well.

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me anyway, even if I'm able to login. It's not like my lights will connect via Bluetooth anyway.

I said this a week ago and I'll say it again. If EcoTech would fix Bluetooth connection their server connection, and keep updating Mobius, I would argue that their light is one of, if the the best on the market.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can say I am kind of glad one of my Vortechs needs a Mobius compatible RF chip, which has been sold out for forever (Ecotech‘s supply chain seems to always have issues), so I spent hours downgrading all of the equipment and hooking it up to EcoSmart. That tank‘s Vortechs and Vectra will stay like that indefinitely and I don’t have any Ecotech equipment planned in my next tank.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny, the companies I do work for dont say anything when they have an incident. ( I work in Incident response / Cyber Security.)

I agree, but also regardless this app should not be dependent on connecting to a remote server even more so when the app has no outside functionality when you aren't standing in front of them.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can say I am kind of glad one of my Vortechs needs a Mobius compatible RF chip, which has been sold out for forever (Ecotech‘s supply chain seems to always have issues), so I spent hours downgrading all of the equipment and hooking it up to EcoSmart. That tank‘s Vortechs and Vectra will stay like that indefinitely and I don’t have any Ecotech equipment planned in my next tank.

Funny enough the AI stuff works amazingly and their app completely smokes Mobius.. I think the acquisition should have been the other way around at this point. However I am with you.. Looking to refit my next build with a different brand.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me anyway, even if I'm able to login. It's not like my lights will connect via Bluetooth anyway.

I said this a week ago and I'll say it again. If EcoTech would fix Bluetooth connection their server connection, and keep updating Mobius, I would argue that their light is one of, if the the best on the market.

Would be nice.. not sure where customer service comes into play anymore other then their profit margins

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny enough the AI stuff works amazingly and their app completely smokes Mobius.. I think the acquisition should have been the other way around at this point. However I am with you.. Looking to refit my next build with a different brand.
I might use Vortechs in the future, next tank just doesn’t fit them well. Funny, back where it started as that is their product that is truly unique, I don’t think their other products or trying to build an ECOTECH “system” has much value right now, and may actually have big downsides.

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nero 3, it works well, but it got stuck and was not spinning, since it is in the back of the aquarium, I did not notice it was stuck in an open loop and not running. So it is not without fault.

Mbritt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even during an upgrade period this should not be an issue especially if the upgrades were properly tested in Dev before being rolled out to production.
100% they suck and have no clue how to write or test software

oak600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might use Vortechs in the future, next tank just doesn’t fit them well. Funny, back where it started as that is their product that is truly unique, I don’t think their other products or trying to build an ECOTECH “system” has much value right now, and may actually have big downsides.
I won’t buy another Ecotech product until they fix this. I had planned on another light, two or three power heads, and the battery backup. But there is no way in heck I’d drop that amount of cash now.

oak600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% they suck and have no clue how to write or test software
If they spent half the amount of time on the embedded and communications side as they did making their app pretty, Mobius and the full ecotech line would be incredible. But instead, we have a pretty user interface with a junk backend.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back