Mobius App - Connection Timeout

Patientman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're right. I just tried it 10 times straight and its fully up. lol its about time!
Of course with BLUE TOOTH I have to wait until I get home from work … but now I can't wait to get home and hopefully see it held all schedules ... did it?

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also don't understand why the hell if you switch to another app and switch back that it just decides to restart the app.
That drives me crazy. I was down to one of three G6's working. Every time I could get in and try to reset my lights the APP would crash in the middle and I lost another light.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also don't understand why the hell if you switch to another app and switch back that it just decides to restart the app.
That drives me crazy. I was down to one of three G6's working. Every time I could get in and try to reset my lights the APP would crash in the middle and I lost another light.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until you have a power outage and the lights forget their programming….
I unplugged it and didn’t seem to have that issue. I was swapping out a EB8. Mine are G5 if that matters.

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I asked why a communication has not been provided to users of any kind alerting of issue, intentions, resolution estimation dates, etc...

"This did not affect all customers, only certain customers on that particular server. the issue should now be resolved, please let us know if you are still having any issues so we can further troubleshoot with you.

Thank you,
Tim Donschietz
Customer Service Manager"

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I guess I’m a certain customer on that particular server. Sheez….

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called tech support today on another issue about my MP40s. Very helpfull getting them all up and in sync on Mobius. One of the things he noticed was I was logged on to Mobius with my iphone and iPad at the same time. They were interfering with each other for bluetooth access to the system. logged out on one and the other worked fine. Been working fine since.

He also confirms the server problem which was fixed.

Jetson

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And…the sign in screen pops up with unknown error OK, it won’t let you sign in. Back out of it and try again then it works. Has happened more than once. One word fir all of this
Crazy!

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not only is it back up and running, I've never had it be so fast. I haven't used Mobius in a couple years since selling off all my Vortechs.

Got a 2nd MP60 yesterday and installed it last night. Just jumped into Mobius to test it out and was connected to the new pump in less than 30 seconds.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to holding schedules. Havent been able to access my lighting settings in 3 days but they are all holding schedule thats for sure.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Not only is it back up and running, I've never had it be so fast. I haven't used Mobius in a couple years since selling off all my Vortechs.

Got a 2nd MP60 yesterday and installed it last night. Just jumped into Mobius to test it out and was connected to the new pump in less than 30 seconds.

Yes, agreed. Very snappy. There might be a change in the way mobius authenicates now. App immediately opens into my Dashboard , then takes 10-15 seconds to load my devices . Something is different

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree it’s quick. Maybe during this trouble they’ve improved it.

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had reached out to support after the server outage because my Hydras were still not showing up in the app. They sent me some BS steps to try which amounted to essentially reboot everything. As a 25-year IT veteran. I frankly found that insulting lol.
I started poking around in the app and went to the Troubleshooting section. There I clicked on "search network" and my lights were immediately discovered. I was very glad because I had customized my schedule heavily and also had a few presets that I had created. Those came back as well

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good catch! I didn't even notice that setting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220728-085555_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20220728-085555_Mobius.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 41

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back