Mobius App Numbers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mogwai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mogwai

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
297
Reaction score
283
Location
Brooklyn
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity: How accurate are the GPH numbers in the mobius app? My Vortech MP10 pumps are both showing 575 GPH or 11% power being used in the app but are they really pushing that?
 
FYI, I actually called Ecotech a couple months ago and asked this very question. I do not know about the MP10 because I only have MP40's and MP60's and no THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE according to the rep I talked to. According to the rep and their web page, the MP40 max flow rate is 5000gph but mobius only shows 4500gph at 100% and the MP60 max flow rate is 9000gph but mobius only shows 7500gph at 100%. They said they updated their max flow rates due to they now have better calculations but have not updated Mobius to show the new max gph. He also told me that most people use there eyes to determine there flow settings and do not use or rely on the displayed gph in Mobius which I agree is a true statement.
 
±10% isn't that much of a variance on the MP40 (guess I'm not surprised that Mobius hasn't been updated, though).
Agree but 17% variance on the MP60 is quite a bit especially if people are attempting to calculate their tank turnover rate and have multiple Vortech's.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new