Mobius off-net

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Mobius to control my MP40/MP60 on my tank. But I notice it does not work off-net because it seems to use Bluetooth connectivity. Does Mobius have an off-net version? I know reeflink use to be it. I saw the announcement of the Neptune new WXM but wanted to know what others were doing for off-net or maybe if I am missing a setting.

Thanks

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what off-net means. Without an internet connection?

Mobius uses both bluetooth and internet connection on your phone. You need both. They could have made it where you only need bluetooth, but they decided against that.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is more can I control the MP40 while I am not on my home network but for example at work? Because every time I try it just spins and says unavailable?

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My question is more can I control the MP40 while I am not on my home network but for example at work? Because every time I try it just spins and says unavailable?
Supposedly they'll be implementing an online version soon, however whether it'll happen before or after they fix the app is unknown.

Aside from the neptune MXM, I don't think there'll be other versions

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you cannot, because right now you can only access the mobius devices over bluetooth. It’s not a matter of being on your home ip network or not. It’s a matter of is your device in bluetooth range. Bluetooth and IP are completely different things. The mobius device is not on your home IP network.

There are rumors that the mobius chip has the compatibility of IP, and that they would make a software update that would allow what you are asking, but that seems to be a bust.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wifi is in beta and has been for quite a while. Until it is released, nope you can only use BT when standing right next to the equipment.

OP
OP
Ditto

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@areefer01 - No thank you. I like where I am at and would not change for anything. I was ok till the new MP60 I ordered could not be downgraded :(. I will live with it for now, not like I can wait till I get home to make an adjustment :)

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@areefer01 - No thank you. I like where I am at and would not change for anything. I was ok till the new MP60 I ordered could not be downgraded :(. I will live with it for now, not like I can wait till I get home to make an adjustment :)

Lol - I was teasing - pretty sure you knew that but if not - you do now. This isn't just a one off but a larger issue in our hobby. No one wants to talk to one another and thus create their own apps, device controller, dongles, and other nonsense.

It makes for a poor quality of life for hobbyist.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - I was teasing - pretty sure you knew that but if not - you do now. This isn't just a one off but a larger issue in our hobby. No one wants to talk to one another and thus create their own apps, device controller, dongles, and other nonsense.

It makes for a poor quality of life for hobbyist.
Well, the mxm from neptune comes out (probably) before christmas. It will mobius to ecotech and ai devices. It will apparently have all the same customizability and sliders as the mobius app.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the mxm from neptune comes out (probably) before christmas. It will mobius to ecotech and ai devices. It will apparently have all the same customizability and sliders as the mobius app.

No doubt. It will be great and huge for that ecosystem. Heck I'm in the Neptune space but no Ecotech. I was just looking at it from a quality of life as it relates to other products outside. Doesn't matter if the controller is A, B, or C. It would be nice for all of us if they played nice.

There - that is about as neutral as I can get :D

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt. It will be great and huge for that ecosystem. Heck I'm in the Neptune space but no Ecotech. I was just looking at it from a quality of life as it relates to other products outside. Doesn't matter if the controller is A, B, or C. It would be nice for all of us if they played nice.

There - that is about as neutral as I can get :D
Yah, unfortunately they don’t have our best interests in mind. Need that $$.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back