mobius platform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple isnt going to send out invites to test apps on the android platform. That's silly to assume the app is IOS only because of that email. As Will stated above, the app is android compatible.

I never said that Apple would send out invites to test the app on Android platform, it is “silly” to assume that is what I meant. I am only giving the information that I have to hand, if others have read or know otherwise then great, I can only pass on the information that I have to try and help others, I thought that was the point of this forum.

Perhaps you could make a positive contribution to the conversation and post a link with the information on that you have to confirm it is comparable on both IOS and Android platforms??

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with my light and it would not link to my Ecotech online account (I do not have Reeflink so had to use laptop to change settings) I was told by Ecotech that if I had an Apple device they could offer a better solution. They did not offer it on Android device to me, only Apple and I then received the email from Apple. This is why I assumed that it is going to be Apple only. If I am wrong then I stand corrected, hopefully I am wrong so everyone can enjoy this great app.

Maybe it is just on Apple at the minute and will be rolled out onto all operating systems before general release in December, I am not sure though.

I can confirm 100% now that Mobius will definitely be available on both IOS AND Android, I have received an email to confirm this is the case.

george1381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be dumb to assume that it will only be available on Apple. Apple has very strict guidelines for apps. Maybe they are making sure that Apple is going to approve. Just saying from experience. In 2011 I purchase 2 lights by Reeftec, they had an Apple control app. Apple banned that app within the year. I still have the 2 lights in my closet. I paid $1200 a piece, they are worthless I have no way to control them.

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be dumb to assume that it will only be available on Apple. Apple has very strict guidelines for apps. Maybe they are making sure that Apple is going to approve. Just saying from experience. In 2011 I purchase 2 lights by Reeftec, they had an Apple control app. Apple banned that app within the year. I still have the 2 lights in my closet. I paid $1200 a piece, they are worthless I have no way to control them.

Read above post.

MarkD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on when Mobius will be released?

No sorry, not yet, I was sent an email yesterday (11th Dec) requesting me to download and test the newer Mobius 1.0 (61) version, if I am honest I cannot see any difference from this and the previous version that I have been testing.

I was told that it would be out for general release in December and I have not had any issues/bugs with the app yet so fingers crossed it will be out pre Christmas.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sorry, not yet, I was sent an email yesterday (11th Dec) requesting me to download and test the newer Mobius 1.0 (61) version, if I am honest I cannot see any difference from this and the previous version that I have been testing.

I was told that it would be out for general release in December and I have not had any issues/bugs with the app yet so fingers crossed it will be out pre Christmas.
Hey Mark, thanks for relaying this to all of us. I just set up a tank and am waiting for this too.

Now to all the angry birds.
1576153533636.png

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@MarkD thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing what mobius can do! Of course any info you can share would be appreciated!

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a black rf chip in my mp10 and a green in my radion g4. If i want mobius on my radion but not my mp10 can i switch the chips?

Xanka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve downloaded the app but can’t find the MP40s. It’s a new pump that I bought 2 months ago. I presume it has the wright chip.....

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve downloaded the app but can’t find the MP40s. It’s a new pump that I bought 2 months ago. I presume it has the wright chip.....
Im hearing its olny working for the new versa pumps right now... bummer

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with a fellow club member that is part of the Ecotech Experts team, and he said that this app is possibly a fake as it would be branded by Ecotech and not by C2 development.

My apologizes

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with a fellow club member that is part of the Ecotech Experts team, and he said that this app is possibly a fake as it would be branded by Ecotech and not by C2 development.

My apologizes

I doubt this is true and doubt its a fake - C2 Development are labelled as the guys who created the myAI app for the AI products

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't call it a launch if it is only 1 pump on one platform, Thanks eco-teach

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mobius app in the app store is legit. The current release of Mobius is only compatible with Versa dosing pumps. The app was released early in the app store. It was meant to consider with people recieving their dosing pumps. Mobius for Android should be released in a week or 2, again only compatible with Versa pumps. Other equptment will be released in the coming months.

Source? I am an Ecotech Expert on the beta team for both Android and iOS

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is MP40QD mobus compatible?

Once the Vortech section has been added to Mobius then yes, Mobius will be able to control compatible MP40wQD pumps. If you just have a MP40QD, then you will need to purchase a black RF module for the controller. They are approx $47 (USD) and take less then 5 minutes to install and only require a Phillip's head (x) screwdriver.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back