mobius platform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a dosing pump controller, I find Mobius to be marginally useful. So far I am not really impressed.
Phone apps are a very labor-intensive way to control equipment. Hopefully, EcoTech will keep up with maintaining the app otherwise the Versa will be a paperweight. I already got burned with the Kessil AP700s; $900 paperweights.
After the fix, the Versa pump looks like it may be an excellent pump. I would not use it on the main tank because of the lack of communication with the controller, Neptune in my case.

Geraud_NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something that would be really useful, especially for the Versa: a log! I dose very little currently with my Versa (since it is connected to a NOPOX bottle), and being next to the tank the 10s a day it is active is kind of painful... but I guess this would mean that the firmware of the pump would need to contain the information "last dosed at" which might not be easy.

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a must in my opinion. Only way to know if dosing something is by adding the dosing container volumen. Then basically the pump will show the circle icon with a thicker line. Every time the pump dose will subtract the quantity from the dosing container and will start to lower the ring line letting you know that the level of the container is getting lower. ( see picture )

3041C13C-16D9-48BD-831F-84E3035DA5B3.png

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also a Catch Up feature. If enabled for a doser head then if the power is out then when it returns it will catch up any missed doses or amounts that may have been missed during that time.

Geraud_NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great feature indeed, but having a log to know that it actually did that is even better :)

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Downloaded Mobius, setup an account but can't pull up my equipment. When I get to the "add device screen" nothing is showing up. I have XR15 G4 Pro & MP40WQD, my bluetooth on my iPhone is turned on.

I logged into my ecosmart account and under each device it says "Mobius Compatibility: Ready"

I guess I have to wait for the full release?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes waiting for the full release would be a good idea. It only works for Versa pumps. Next will probably be Radions to go alongside the Radion G5 release next week.

Kieko250

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the new Mobius app. There is no need for reef link? Can we control via wifi like the AI app or Bluetooth only?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the new Mobius app. There is no need for reef link? Can we control via wifi like the AI app or Bluetooth only?

Bluetooth only at this point. No need for Reeflink. It only works with Versa right now. No dates on other equiptment have been released as of yet.

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the moebius app is the way to go, how do i get notifications on my smartphone when my vetcra pump fails. is this still possible. i heard randy from brstv say that there is no need to control radion light from anywhere, but alarms would be nice

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if the moebius app is the way to go, how do i get notifications on my smartphone when my vetcra pump fails. is this still possible. i heard randy from brstv say that there is no need to control radion light from anywhere, but alarms would be nice

Sure - it would also be nice if you could turn on the lights if you're out of town and someone is watching the tank for you. A tank sitter/family trying to address an issue after lights-out is a real possibility - and has happened to me before.

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Currently Mobius is only available with bluetooth access. They do have plans to mesh devices and connect to your wifi router for access when you are away from home. There are a lot of releases coming out by Ecotech this year.

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to apply for an invite to test the App. Join Exhotech Experts.

Downloaded Mobius, setup an account but can't pull up my equipment. When I get to the "add device screen" nothing is showing up. I have XR15 G4 Pro & MP40WQD, my bluetooth on my iPhone is turned on.

I logged into my ecosmart account and under each device it says "Mobius Compatibility: Ready"

I guess I have to wait for the full release?

ajx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Vectra and 2 mp40’s on Mobius. I can’t seem to get the feed mode to work. At all. But it is in beta lol

irish02bk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the G5 was added? any idea why G4 wasn't? and when it will be added?

Torx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G5 is added as it is Mobius only control.
Legacy devices should be added within 2 months pending any release issue with the G5

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back