Mojo's cone skimmer build

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of see just wondering how well it will work if it's what I am thinking.

BLK94RS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mojo (im followed you from the "other" site),

What pump are you using? You mentioned Askoll? Maybe one of the smaller Askolls like the 1000?

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a sicce, the askoll would just be too much for the body

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Josh how is your pump doing now, any different
JCRreef actually help me think up a new little change on my cone skimmer so we will se how it turns out. it has to do with the holes in the bottom

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its kicking butt. I can deffinetly tell the difference. I didnt want to clog up your thread telling you about it, but since you asked. LOL
The bubble chamber is alot more violent than it was before. The whole skimmer body itself is more full of microbubbles. There is a little more turbulence in the neck now vs. the stock. It's still trying to re-break back in and slime up though. Im sure it will be nice and steady once that happens. I really think the mod you did to it and the red wheel was just what it needed with that wide neck. The quality of work was awsome too! I'll be the ginea pig again if you suggest something else. LOL

I know you already have a good reputation out there, but I must say, Mojo is about as honest as they come and I highly value his opinion on skimmers among other things. I know this will be a great build b/c his last one was and well,I think he's going to try to top it. Is it possible? Thanks again Jesse!

MikeFisher1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mojo i came over to watch you buld this one.
things happen for a reason and maybe it happened so i can find this place.
thank you for your hard work and time you put in showing your hard work to us.

NauticaC4

Baby Fish Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Mojo

Any way to get some detail pics of the pump and volute. Or maybe a dimensioned drawing?? Also interested in details on the venturi. I have done a few versions myself and I am stuck at this point. Anything you can provide would be great help.

The politics of a certain other forum have brought me here. So far so good.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem I need to draw up the volute for my records anyway. That way I dont forget anything. rather than a hand drawn record I will get you some pics soon.

Mojo~

NauticaC4

Baby Fish Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was ashamed to see what happened there but that isn't to be taken out here.

Glad to see you found a happy home mojo looking forward to following along.

I may have missed it but are you ordering the acrylic from an online vendor or picking it up locally?

Also what equipment are you using to do the machine work? (Manual or CNC?)

jck09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for helpin me find this site mojo. and thanks for all your help with everything you have done for us on . its a shame they would do something like that to someone who has done so much to benefit their site. aint the same without your reviews. so here i am. movin over here to R2R. lost alot of respect for . that site is going down the crapper.
john

Last edited by a moderator:

chieuxuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mojo, i'm jumping in here too........just like lots of us there..........:cool:

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WEll glad to see so many followers. Just so everyone knows, I didnt get booted or anything. I was just given some rules for reviewing skimmers and basically I couldnt do them anymore. Rather than break some rules. I ll bring most of my stuff over here. Rc has been great is has a great following and knowledge base. I dont want to be booted from there so rather than go against what I was told I asked gadgets and revtree here if I do my reviews and build thread. They were more than happy to have me come on with the info. Great laid back people here and we will all see what happends. Now if I could get a new licience plate holder for my car. lol my old one was a RC one.

So Hopefully tonight I will have some pics of some work done on the cone. We will see what the night brings on.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if I could get a new licience plate holder for my car. lol my old one was a RC one. .

No tag holders but Rev has some nice T shirts. Where glad to have you over here. Keep up the good work

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 61 47.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back