Monti cap question

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on Saturday I purchase a monti cap, I have it closer to the bottom of my 65 where the light isn't too strong as the light at the shop is far to weak to support coral and I do t want to shock it. I can't really tell if it's polyps are extended, should I start movng it to higher light? I tried to take a picture but the iPhone dosent seem to get a clear shot.
 
What's the name of the monti?What kind of lights you have?What colors is the monti
 
I think you did the right thing.
Always a good idea to start a coral in a lower light area and then slowly move it and see how it does.
Monti caps are pretty hardy corals and can tolerate different lighting. I have most of my caps in lower light for what it's worth. They look great but do grow slower.
 
For my 65 I use a 250 watt 20k radium metal halide. It's a monti cap, its a deep red, my wife called it burgundy. when should I start to see polyps extended?
 
Same lighting I use. My caps are all the way at the end of the tank where there is less light.
I would say just give it some time. PE is more than just lighting. Let it settle in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new