Monti eating nudi problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter bucfan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bucfan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
307
Reaction score
32
Location
Orlando, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a monti eating nudi infestation. It started on one of my big grafted caps which I did not catch on time and took the whole thing out. I have since taken out that colony and dipped all the other small frags. However I have 2 other colonies (seasons greetings and superman) that are now infected. However these are large colonizes encrusted to the rock with other corals. What should I do? Can I dip those colonies/rocks just like the frags? Will I ever get rid of this pest? If I take out all the montis will the problem go away? I have also just got a 6-line wrasse and a hogfish to help eat the nudis. Not sure what else to do.
 
Do your best to try and pick them off. You can use a turkey baster to kind of suck them up. But by judging your description, you're too far gone. You would need to remove all montis from your tank to eradicate them. I've read of some wrasses that eat them, but it's hit or miss
 
Get you some wrasses yellow coris and melanurus cleared them out when I had them love my wrasses their my watch dogs
 
Leopard wrasse also will eat them but harder to keep than the other wrasses. I had them too and ended up chipping all monti's off rocks and dipping repeatedly in Coral RX. I thought I had lost all the monti's but they are coming back and coloring up. Monti's are hardier than some might think. I've had them come back from what I thought was nothing more than once.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new