Monti eating nudibranch?

painter1982

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
1,287
Reaction score
1,092
Location
82716
What state or country do you live in
Wyoming
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a suspected Monti eating nudibranch and kept monti’s out of your aquarium for certain time would they die off? Would they still be there when you reintroduce monti’s? How can you eradicate them? How long until they do starve themselves out? I’m sure I have a Monti being consumed by nudibranch but can’t get a good picture or see for sure. I see something smaller than a grain of rice I suspect is a nudibranch on my Monti that’s losing flesh. The coral been growing great and now I’m seeing dead areas expand for no reason. All my acros are not affected.
 
Are you able to grab a picture of it?
 
Are you able to grab a picture of it?
I can’t get a good one. It’s epoxied down and too far in to get any good pictures. The dead spots look like exposed skeleton. I don’t see any nudibranch on it. Just an occasional isopod or copepod crawling on the area. They scatter once I shine a light.
 
Monti Eating Nudis move slow enough it can make them hard to see. Mine were white with blue cerata (or whatever those little spikes on their back are called).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new