Monti STNed down to polyps

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see, from the pic there are only polyps. Can the flesh regrow? Or is it a lost hope?
IMG_20220116_135107940_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Alex Cataldo

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates? Phosphates? Age of tank?
Nitrates and Phosphates are very low, less than 1 ppm nitrate and around 0.1 ppm phosphate. The tank is about 2 years old and the rock predates that at about 7 years old from an existing system. The rock looks so new since there wasn't light on it in a dark sump.

JonEB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a monti digitada come back from a skeleton have faith and give it time in steady conditions

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montipora is a tough coral. Give it good parameters. Lower light for the time being and it might turn around.
I’ve had Monti’s get real bad, almost gave up and they came back. The issue is the dead spots will grow algae and other and it’s hard to grow over some of that growth. So if it gets to that point and has come back but parts of frag are not good it’s best to frag into pieces and restart with those.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had Monti’s get real bad, almost gave up and they came back. The issue is the dead spots will grow algae and other and it’s hard to grow over some of that growth. So if it gets to that point and has come back but parts of frag are not good it’s best to frag into pieces and restart with those.
Agree totally

OP
OP
Alex Cataldo

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been growing algae on it but I’ve been blowing all the biofilm off with a turkey baster. I also forgot to mention but the photo that you see on this thread was from 3 weeks ago and still hanging on

Back