montipora bleached ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter plexx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

plexx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2016
Messages
336
Reaction score
147
Location
Long Island New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after finally getting my tank to where I want it my monti. on the back wall looks bleached. I have T5's on the tank and my parameters are
alk 8.6
sal. 1.026
phos 0.05
nitrates 0.10
cal 450
mag 1425
Everthing else in the tank seems good, maybe the monti is to high up in the tank , not sure.

20201018_162828.jpg 20201018_162802.jpg
 
I went from kessil led to t5 4 bulb , maybe the extra light did it. The rest of the tank is good so don't want to mess around with the light to much.
 
I went from kessil led to t5 4 bulb , maybe the extra light did it. The rest of the tank is good so don't want to mess around with the light to much.
Bleaching usually a sign of too much light too soon.
 
+1 for too much light too soon. Whenever a new light is installed, it is always best practice to ramp it up slowly to acclimate. In your case, you can consider raising the light further from water, and slowly lowering it by 1/2" a week to where you want it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new