Montipora Digitata calcium requirements

lonewonderer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2017
Messages
522
Reaction score
137
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just got a Monti Digitata frag and I'm wondering what is the best Calcium level for SPS. My tank is mostly softie and a few LPS and I keep my calcium at 400. Do i need to raise it up more or 400ppm is good?

thanks
 
Digitata's are Ca sponges but most SPS tanks usually are good @430~450ppm. NSW levels are typically at 420ppm. Bump it up slowly and see what your absorption rates and growth goes from there.
 
I'm using seachem calcium complete so I'll add 1 teaspoon daily until i hit 430ppm. Thanks!
 
I honestly wouldn't add anything until you see if there is any extra demand. I'd be reactive in this case.

make sense. But I was thinking maybe its a good time to do it while im doing copper.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new