Montipora get white and brown.

  • Thread starter Thread starter vlnemo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vlnemo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
39
Reaction score
24
Location
Greece
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is going on? Any ideas?No3: 2ppm Kh: 9.5 Ca:400 Mg: 1500 Sr:5 Po4: 0.08 k: 460

IMG_20200622_102134.jpg IMG_20200622_102155.jpg
 
8 T-5 lighting with two kessil. Some T-5 tubes age for more than 12 months.
 
Mag a tad high but more associated likely with alk, water flow and salinity. Verify your readings, taking a sample of your water to a trusted LFS and have them test water and verify your readings and to compare with your readings
 
I will try tested with DSR reference all my salifert tests. Thanks
 
Alk hasn't risen lately, has it?

I'm not a monti cap expert but I have two friends who have massive caps and both have seem the same issue when either nutrients were allowed to fall too fast or they let dKH climb. Both dont allow dKH over 8 because they get plate rot.
 
Thats right. My Kh was 8- 8,5 but for a reason in two weeks for my mistake( Trying to race ca ,i race Kh and get to 9,5). I hope this is the reason. Thanks guys
 
Thats right. My Kh was 8- 8,5 but for a reason in two weeks for my mistake( Trying to race ca ,i race Kh and get to 99,5). I hope this is the reason. Thanks guys
Thats right. My Kh was 8- 8,5 but for a reason in two weeks for my mistake( Trying to race ca ,i race Kh and get to 9,5). I hope this is the reason. Thanks guys
I think its both. Raised kh and i was trying to raise redox putting second catalist to oxydator.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new