Montipora Snow?

Hayden Henry

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Lompoc
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! A couple days ago I did a sizeable water change on my tank to help remove Cyanobacteria, and all was normal in the tank was normal for a day, but yesterday evening I noticed what looked like snow on my montipora?

It was not there in the morning and nothing has been introduced to the tank for several weeks. Nitrates are near zero and nitrites are at zero, phosphates are low and I maintain dKH around 10.

Any idea what this is or how I could fix it?
74262A25-941B-4B66-B142-033F7558D39C.png
 
Mine looks like this when its growing quickly. I wish i had more insight as I am unsure why.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new