Montipora with long tentacles / slime after being moved

NoobishReefer22

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Messages
167
Reaction score
50
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I just moved my montipora to a frag rack and its showing some really long tentacles or some slime? Any thoughts on if this is okay I just moved it today.

IMG_6005.jpg
 
Most likely slime from the stress of moving. Give it a day and see if it continues.
 
Most likely slime from the stress of moving. Give it a day and see if it continues.

Thank you its right under the power head so I hope its not getting too much flow / being shaded.
 
Those are called mesenterial filaments, it could be a feeding respons or a defense mechanism to near by corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new