Moon lights

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been looking at a lot of light schedules for my reef breeder p2s and haven’t noticed anyone with having anyone with lights in at night. I’ve always liked having one of my blue channels set at 1% at night.

Is this ok?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been looking at a lot of light schedules for my reef breeder p2s and haven’t noticed anyone with having anyone with lights in at night. I’ve always liked having one of my blue channels set at 1% at night.

Is this ok?
Try it without lights. My coral do much much better when they get complete darkness, I believe a lot of people are in the same boat. Moonlights look cool for us but our tanks inhabitants aren’t the biggest fans of it. The main problem is led moonlights are way to bright for our tanks. The only instance where I think they are awesome was the aquarium where they got acros to spawn via moonlights coordinating with actual moon phases, they also used much smaller leds, like .5 watt then blocked out additional light from that to barely get any in the display. If you could buy that set up then yes, I’d recommend moonlights.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 43 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back