Moray Eel QT same as fish???

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ZVe.gif

So one of our LFS'ess is abandoning saltwater, and is doing a clearance of all their saltwater fish for 50% off!
Mostly, they really just had a variety of clownfish, but I couldn't say no to this guy (for 35$)...

IMG_0350.jpeg

Hes a pretty impressive young banded moray eel - about 10-12". Owners have had him for about 3-4mos in their system. Seems very healthy - eating right away.

I have never QTd one of these guys before though - and my searches seem to be coming up short or with conflicting advice. Im assuming I can give him the standard CP/PRAZI treatment...? Do eels handle CP and Prazi well, I assume since they are still classified as a fish, they could carry all the same parasites/diseases,etc?!?

Any QT advice from experienced eel handlers would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ZVe.gif

So one of our LFS'ess is abandoning saltwater, and is doing a clearance of all their saltwater fish for 50% off!
Mostly, they really just had a variety of clownfish, but I couldn't say no to this guy (for 35$)...

IMG_0350.jpeg

Hes a pretty impressive young banded moray eel - about 10-12"

I have never QTd one of these guys before though - and my searches seem to be coming up short or with conflicting advice. Im assuming I can give him the standard CP/PRAZI treatment...? Do eels handle CP and Prazi well, I assume since they are still classified as a fish, they could carry all the same parasites/diseases,etc?!?

Any QT advice from experienced eel handlers would be appreciated. Thanks!
Typically, I just use prazi and observation on morays. Copper may put them off feed and chloroquine has some odd toxicity some times.
Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back