MORE FISH NEEDED!!!

JOSH2SIMMONS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all...... I have a 65G JBJ Flat Panel that is FOWLR. It has been running for a few months now with no issues. I currently have a pair of clowns, 1 green chromis from my old tank and a Lemonpeel Angel. I am looking for suggestions of what I can add to the tank that will eat the same myosis shrimp, pellets and flakes that are currently being fed. How many more fish can the tank handle. The tank setup is stock except for an Icecap K1-50 PS and a Current USA wavemaker. I am looking to add different colors to the tank and fish with great personality. Thanks for all of the help!!

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big question is are you planning to do corals? A lot of fish aren't reef safe.

Pretty much all fish will eat shrimp, flakes or pellets, so you should be good there.

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your tank could have up to two more fish depending on if you want coral or not. I think a hobby could do well maybe a goby/pistol shrimp pair. Or you could do a small wrasse like apink streaked or possum wrasse.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goby/ pistol shrimp pair.
Maybe a dwarf angel like coral beauty.
I love blennies and they good algae eaters and very interesting to watch.i got tail spot blennie and bi colour blennie.they get on fine now but at begginning the tail spot chase bi colour anytime it come out.
Some kind off wrasse for activity and help pest control.

I would say a 65g you could have 6- 7 small to medium fish but alot factors like compatability/reef safe if want corals at later date/ cuc safe and most importantly how big they will grow as that is biggest determining factors.

But way i see it in my tank i want fish that inhabit mainly the sand bed,some that inhabit the rocks.some that always active and get fish for every bit of tank like bottom/ middle/ top and i get fish and they have a job.
Bi colour blennie- for algae
Tail spot blennie- for algae
Silver belly wrasse- help pest control
Coral beauty just for activity and algae control.
Ywg/ tiger pistol- for intersting factors with burrows etc.
2 clowns- because 3 year old daughter says so.
Copperband- favourite fish and possibly aiptasia control if get any but just because favourite fish and interesting to watch it searching rocks all day long.
Cleaner wrasse- to pick parasites/ dead scales off fish and just interesting ( i know alot say they eat parasites off fish in wild but dont in reef tanks) they still cool fish.
Will be getting 10th and final fish in my 80 gallon in 2- 3 weeks time that will be a one spot fox face- again for algae control and as i wanted a yellow tang but as they so hard to come across these days and so expensive i opted for this fish that i read just as good algae eater but not as agressive so ok with me and grows a decent size.
So far so good and only recently had first deaths in tank in last week or so after 7 months which is a mini hermit crab that killed least 2 my hermits,one time in front off me just for its shell even though multiply empty shells so what some say about hermits just being murderous is true ive found out but still love the little guys.
And dont forget your cuc as they interesting to watch and very beneficial.
My 2 tuxedo urchins and 2 conchs are great and nassarious snails got such a keen sense off smell they fome out from sandbed within seconds off feeding tank ^_^

I love my 2 cleaner shrimp also but dont like how they steal food from my coraks ^_^

Live aquaria is a good source for looking up fish and bottom off every fish description there is a compatability chart and i noticed many other online store or lfs usually have word for word live aquaria descriptions even maidenhead aquatics that is an english store over here.

Back