More flow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter slythy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slythy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
907
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 4 mp40’s on my 180g aquarium. 2 on the back wall and 1 on each side. I am debating switching my 2 on the sides onto the back wall and adding 2 gyres on the side instead.

Its an sps dominate reef with some LPS as well. I notice the sps closer to the sides doing worse. Was wondering if adding the gyres would help or be too much. Thanks
 
do you mean the sps doing worse are being blasted directly with flow? If so, I don't think more flow is the answer.
 
do you mean the sps doing worse are being blasted directly with flow? If so, I don't think more flow is the answer.

Nah the sides of the tank have less flow for sure than the upper middle. I think it may just be a little too stagnant in that area.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new