more or better flow ?

nonowt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few hours ago i did a 25L water change in my 100L reef tank and tbh i was a little shocked at the amount of crap on the rocks and sand . I do not have a sump and have two sw2 wave makers (one top and one bottom running on else mode) either side of the tank ,this got me thinking....... never a good thing i might add , the sw2 flow does not seem very wide . I wonder if i would be better off with say two jebao slw 20 ? i saw a video of them and the the person on there said they had a much wider flow pattern than the sw waver maker he had been using ,So any one using these any suggestions ? thanks guys

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just try to reroute your flow to get a swirling (or random) action that lifts crud up but I am guessing you tried that though so here some other ideas. You could also dose some vibrant, pristine, or waste away too. You could also use an icecap 1k (which would be overkill but would allow you to get the maximum width). I have never heard of the jebao slw 20 so I can't really comment on that.

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would play around with the flow types and increase levels on the ones you have and also try different placements and directions. I am not familiar with those powerheads, but if they have and you are using it on anti-sync then I would also try to run them independently of each other as well as that could help you create more turbulence.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back