Most aggresive fish u ever had

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fish, but one of my hermits is just a raging *********. Every time I unbanish it from the sump it just goes about non-stop shell-jacking the other hermits one after the other before eventually ending up back in the original shell and then starting over. There’s plenty of empties all over the place too - sometimes the shell-jacked hermits grab one and then it’ll promptly shell-Jack them from that after ignoring it.

It lives in the sump permanently now.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You people are scaring me with all this talk of evil clowns! I just picked up a carpet anemone, and a female clarkii. They are chilling in my frag tank while I make some mods to my display tank to accommodate the nem. I thought the clarkii would be good to keep other fish away from the nem, and I don't care if it nips at me. But if he's going to kill other fish, that be bad. Am I making a mistake? Once he's in my display, it would be very hard to get him out.

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freshwater some forty years ago: dozen red belly piranhas and fresh water barracudas. A wave maker was unnecessary come feeding time. Saltwater: Lion fish. I was too nervous after observing them approach and tantalizing my child's curiosity. My Lion fish at times moved it spines and crept topside of tank. Noticed same tactic towards Clown fish which seemingly mistaken Lion fish for Anemones. Cunning Lion fish partially hide behind rocks while focused at other Anemone seeking fish. From Clown's perspective only spines are seen moving around. After approached Lion fish dart out and ambush unsuspecting fish (do not ask how I observed this.) :confounded-face:

Last edited:

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You people are scaring me with all this talk of evil clowns! I just picked up a carpet anemone, and a female clarkii. They are chilling in my frag tank while I make some mods to my display tank to accommodate the nem. I thought the clarkii would be good to keep other fish away from the nem, and I don't care if it nips at me. But if he's going to kill other fish, that be bad. Am I making a mistake? Once he's in my display, it would be very hard to get him out.
Most clowns when they get aggressive (as long as they aren't maroons) will just chase fish from their zones or bite their owners hand when they put it in the tank, and even then if it isn't a maroon it's Def not a sure thing (though clarkis can also get pretty big and mean)

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fish, but one of my hermits is just a raging *********. Every time I unbanish it from the sump it just goes about non-stop shell-jacking the other hermits one after the other before eventually ending up back in the original shell and then starting over. There’s plenty of empties all over the place too - sometimes the shell-jacked hermits grab one and then it’ll promptly shell-Jack them from that after ignoring it.

It lives in the sump permanently now.

Easier to squat a newly vacant shell than clean an old one :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Juvenile Tomato Clown. Tried to take out a much older Tomato Clown, and then killed two Pajama Cardinals by ramming them.

And up until now Clowns bullied by psychological warfare.
Was an autopsy performed? Signature tactic ribs broken?
Other Clown schools might be upset for breaking from tradition!

Last edited:

RSNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I first started the hobby, I had a sixline wrasse, a citron goby and anthuas, basselets, a fire fish, and a mandarin in a 48 gallon bow front. The sixline was a model citizen for 6 months, then became a nightmare all of a sudden.

He started attacking the mandarin, and would rip at his fins and aspiration tubes on his sides. I could never catch the sixline and within 3 days the mandarin was dead.

After that he went after the fire fish and stressed it to death. He then went after the Mathias but could never catch them, so they always escaped.

He then turned his sights onto the citron (my wife’s favorite fish that she picked out herself). I caught the sixline chargin toward the citron, but, all of a sudden the citron dashes forward toward the sixline and bites him right on the side fins. I then proceeded to sit and watch for a half hour as the citron goby chased the sixline around the tank, every time he caught up with the sixline he’d bite at its tail. After a half hour the sixline found a nook in the rockwork the citron couldn’t get to, and the sixline hid in there for what I believe was the rest of the night. I walked away smiling.

after that day, the citron goby left the sixline alone, and the sixline never went close to the citron, but every time the sixline would start dashing toward another fish with aggression, in would dash the citron, almost always hitting the sixline on the side and then chasing him back into that nook for at least a few hours, then the sixline would come back out and be a model citizen again. It was experiences like that that kept me in the hobby 9 years later.

I eventually caught the sixline and turned it into an lfs, and I lost the citron to a brooklynella outbreak 3 years later. It broke my wife’s heart and it took her 2 years before she would even take a liking to any other fish. 6 years later and I’m still looking for that citron goby reincarnated.

take your pick as to who you think was more aggressive.

wil-yuhm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started the hobby, I had a sixline wrasse, a citron goby and anthuas, basselets, a fire fish, and a mandarin in a 48 gallon bow front. The sixline was a model citizen for 6 months, then became a nightmare all of a sudden.

He started attacking the mandarin, and would rip at his fins and aspiration tubes on his sides. I could never catch the sixline and within 3 days the mandarin was dead.

After that he went after the fire fish and stressed it to death. He then went after the Mathias but could never catch them, so they always escaped.

He then turned his sights onto the citron (my wife’s favorite fish that she picked out herself). I caught the sixline chargin toward the citron, but, all of a sudden the citron dashes forward toward the sixline and bites him right on the side fins. I then proceeded to sit and watch for a half hour as the citron goby chased the sixline around the tank, every time he caught up with the sixline he’d bite at its tail. After a half hour the sixline found a nook in the rockwork the citron couldn’t get to, and the sixline hid in there for what I believe was the rest of the night. I walked away smiling.

after that day, the citron goby left the sixline alone, and the sixline never went close to the citron, but every time the sixline would start dashing toward another fish with aggression, in would dash the citron, almost always hitting the sixline on the side and then chasing him back into that nook for at least a few hours, then the sixline would come back out and be a model citizen again. It was experiences like that that kept me in the hobby 9 years later.

I eventually caught the sixline and turned it into an lfs, and I lost the citron to a brooklynella outbreak 3 years later. It broke my wife’s heart and it took her 2 years before she would even take a liking to any other fish. 6 years later and I’m still looking for that citron goby reincarnated.

take your pick as to who you think was more aggressive.

Well your problem was already remedied. I was about to offer a meeting with a little blue damsel who couldn't care less about sanctuary rocks or crevices.
Avert your eyes folks :face-with-rolling-eyes:

piggled

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a tiny undulated trigger fish and put it in my 120 trigger tank(I was very young 18 and was clearly dumb) a few days later it had murdered 3 of the fish in one night. A very large tomato clown, a large Niger trigger and a Picasso. Left the lion fish alone. I felt horrible. Still do actually. Took him back the next day.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy. Splendid Dottyback. If it hadn’t mellowed somewhat after moving from a 30 to a 60 would’ve been gone. Second place goes my yellowtail damsels.
FDEF2FFC-AFA0-424B-908A-871F03575874.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back