Most Invasive Corals In Your Tank?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Kenya trees, Green Discos, pulsing Xenia, and GSP. The Kenya tree is by far the most prolific with dropping branches but each grows well enough

I’d love to get some hairy mushrooms and red mushrooms. My LFS charges insane amounts for Hairys ($180 for a rock of 3).

mrbacony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reverse superman monti for me. I made the mistake of moving it around the tank several times before its final resting spot. Now I have 4 separate colonies taking over my rock work
20211224_151418.jpg
Give it time. Those orange Bam Bam Zoas are going to take over too. They have taken over a big part of my rocks. Trying to figure how to slow mine.

Blknovass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Palys been told they are called captain jerks. I cat seem to get rid of them.

Attachments

• 226C9FA2-CDD7-4ECD-8008-D7976E2A9E74.jpeg
    226C9FA2-CDD7-4ECD-8008-D7976E2A9E74.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 73

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
sympodium and Kenyii tree

Revt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, my fastest growers have been entrusting LPS. I have a bizarro cyphastrea that has grown over 20 times its original size in about 8 month's time and will cover the entire rock within the next couple of months if it's growth rate remains consistent. But, I don't mind. I have the rock separated from the rest of my rockwork., so it makes a nice island...a big island...but a nice one.

Stackrat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hammers. I bought one, it became two, stayed that way for about a year, suddenly both ballooned to football size and started dropping babies. I now have about 20.
I was excited by the 1st one, confused by the 2nd, panicked by the 3rd and now I just feel like I live in Hammer World.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you found that any corals will keep gsp in check? Will montis keep it back? Any way to kill it off?
I have some chalice thing that I can't remember that I got from wwc that grew over a growing colony of gsp, killed the whole thing. I'll try to get a pic, maybe someone can id it.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. How are you getting rid of poci? I've tried covering with epoxy ... only to have it eventually sprout around the edges and require even more epoxy. I've had galaxea coral sting one to death ... only to have it start to resprout several months later. I've chiselled it off the rock where possible, but only a very few are in spots I can do that.
What's your secret?

2. Have you tried injecting a little vinegar into the green palys? I have a few patches on my aquacultured rocks. A few injections into it are enough to make them melt away. An a few more in the stragglers that resprout a few weeks/months later easily and quickly melt them away again. May not totally eradicate them ... but I find it to be a very easy, quick means of control.
H2o2 did it for me, good healthy dose at the base after removing what you can

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, my fastest growers have been entrusting LPS. I have a bizarro cyphastrea that has grown over 20 times its original size in about 8 month's time and will cover the entire rock within the next couple of months if it's growth rate remains consistent. But, I don't mind. I have the rock separated from the rest of my rockwork., so it makes a nice island...a big island...but a nice one.
Yup. I soaked a frag tray in h2o2, rinsed with tap and rodi, then dried out. Put back in tank, 1 year later that frag rack is a cyphastrea again

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a wild Green Staghorn acro, I accidentally killed it with melafix. It grew an inch EVERY week and man I miss that growth. My fish loved swimming in and out of its branches, I now have a RD Joker Staghorn in my Nano but my blenny keeps nipping it. My dream coral is now staghorn and I’d love to grab a wild orange or blue one.
Here’s my current one
image.jpg

image.jpg

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things. Not sure if the exact name but these paly’s grow fast fast. It came in on a frag as one polyp. It was on a frag when I first started and thought COOL a free coral. Shoulda flushed it. B7418AC2-D85B-4CB6-8D23-49279B3C0CFA.jpeg

R33f_Hacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Kenya trees, Green Discos, pulsing Xenia, and GSP. The Kenya tree is by far the most prolific with dropping branches but each grows well enough

I’d love to get some hairy mushrooms and red mushrooms. My LFS charges insane amounts for Hairys ($180 for a rock of 3).
@Reefing102 - I have plenty blue/green hairy mushrooms and orange etc... PM me ... they are growing quick and want more space... they are pretty in the flow

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 56 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back