Most loved filter for 30g tank?

Luca'sMom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all:) Just going the through the list of "what to buy" for my new 30g. Filters: well, my tank came with one but looks ancient. I am curious what you all would recommend as a good one that not too pricey and works well for a few torch corals and clownfish. Also something that isn't too loud. Any suggestions are welcomed!

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u are refering to a HOB filter, I used to have Aquaclear 50 on a standard 29g. I did not use the sponges that comes with it and I replaced it with a bag of chemipure elite.
There are new one's out there like Seachem tidal.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for the best HOB. By far the FLUVAL C2, C3, C4. I have the C4 on my 40B. 5 stage filter wet dry. The sponge you just rinse/ squeeze in used tank water. It even has an indicator that pops up to say "hey stop being lazy and rinse the sponge." The basket for the carbon is very big. You can put Marine Pure spheres or block in there or use a whole bottle of purigen in a fine particle holding bag as an upgrade and more beneficial. The little piece of cloth on top of the wet dry I leave in and rinse with tap water every 2 days. Simple. Some people complain like it is changing a dirty diaper. Really not a big deal at all. Has a 267gph turnover I believe. Also it is quiet and no vibrations!

OP
OP
Luca'sMom

Luca'sMom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for the best HOB. By far the FLUVAL C2, C3, C4. I have the C4 on my 40B. 5 stage filter wet dry. The sponge you just rinse/ squeeze in used tank water. It even has an indicator that pops up to say "hey stop being lazy and rinse the sponge." The basket for the carbon is very big. You can put Marine Pure spheres or block in there or use a whole bottle of purigen in a fine particle holding bag as an upgrade and more beneficial. The little piece of cloth on top of the wet dry I leave in and rinse with tap water every 2 days. Simple. Some people complain like it is changing a dirty diaper. Really not a big deal at all. Has a 267gph turnover I believe. Also it is quiet and no vibrations!
Thanks for all the info! ✌️

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back