Motorized Table for 180 x 60mm Aquarium.

reefsaver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the thought of a 180cm x 60cm frag tank setup and was wondering if a tank that large has ever been put onto a motorized table for display?
I was in deep thought about it and I approximate the weight of the Aquarium would be around the 400kg stocked with water. I don't really think the average two legged motorized table can lift 400kg and it would probably require like a miniature scissor lift, which would delete an area for the sump if a scissor lift was actually used not to mention having to have a bigger think about the plumbing and how it will be organized for the raising and lowering of the tank after finding a new home for the sump. A scissor lift rated 500kg $1K and up should work, then you just make a cover out of some black nylon fabric. It's really an unnecessary pipe dream, but I like the idea of being able to lower a tank for maintenance electrically as opposed to reaching over and down into tanks, especially one that big. Now that I think about it, salt water and high voltage equipment sounds like a bad idea, but I think you could take precautions to make it safe and even portable.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back