Motorized Table for 180 x 60mm Aquarium.

reefsaver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
560
Reaction score
430
Location
Victoria, Melbourne
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the thought of a 180cm x 60cm frag tank setup and was wondering if a tank that large has ever been put onto a motorized table for display?
I was in deep thought about it and I approximate the weight of the Aquarium would be around the 400kg stocked with water. I don't really think the average two legged motorized table can lift 400kg and it would probably require like a miniature scissor lift, which would delete an area for the sump if a scissor lift was actually used not to mention having to have a bigger think about the plumbing and how it will be organized for the raising and lowering of the tank after finding a new home for the sump. A scissor lift rated 500kg $1K and up should work, then you just make a cover out of some black nylon fabric. It's really an unnecessary pipe dream, but I like the idea of being able to lower a tank for maintenance electrically as opposed to reaching over and down into tanks, especially one that big. Now that I think about it, salt water and high voltage equipment sounds like a bad idea, but I think you could take precautions to make it safe and even portable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new