Moving corals to new tank

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new tank will arrive tomorrow and I plan on moving everything over somewhere next week. That'll give me enough time to prep the new tank and fill it with salt water. Got a few bins and an old cooler box to hold everything in during the transfer. I also have millions of large empty yoghurt containers.

I do not have enough equipment to use multiple bins for the corals and placing them all together doesn't excite me due to them stinging each other. So I was thinking, how bad would it be if I place all these corals in my collection of yoghurt containers (which are large enough to hold a small colony) and then place these in the cooler box?

Based on my previous experience, it'll take me about 2 hours to have everything removed from the old tank. Scaping usually takes no more than 2 hours as well, give the tank an hour or so to settle and then add the corals and fish. Meaning they'd be in the cooler box for about 5 hours. My sump has been offline for a while due to a leak, so the new tank will be completely prepped on moving day. All I have to do is move over the powerheads.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back