OP
OP
H

HouseofStark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update… have an issue that is stumping me.
When I switched from 2 part I was dosing around 50 mls of AFR and everything was ROCK SOLID stable. More than my 2 part ever was…fast forward to around 1-2 weeks ago I cannot keep my numbers up.

I’m losing .5 dkh within 6 hrs between tests (Trident, 4 tests a day). My mag seems to be stable….falling maybe 10 points over a week which makes sense to me. Ca has of late been dropping a bit more than normal…maybe 20 points over a week. I’ve increased dosing AFR from 50ml up to 75mls and still not helping. I’ve been manually dosing bicarb and cal to keep numbers somewhat stable. TM calculator has me at 86mls max dose… getting close

What I’ve changed with the tank is… I’ve been dosing mb7 in am and h2o2 at night due to a few dinos that have been in the sand. I’ve also dialed back my lights (half intensity) to beat them back. I’d expect my numbers to rise, due to less light and less uptake, but it’s been the opposite.

Any AFR pros or @Lou Ekus have any idea why this is occurring?

TIA

OP
OP
H

HouseofStark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update after DOs calibration, Ive seen/noticed my Dos was off causing a under dose amount. Im going to monitor the next couple of days hoping that was the issue because it was previously so stable, Im hoping this is the easy fix.

Lou Ekus

Tropic Marin USA
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update after DOs calibration, Ive seen/noticed my Dos was off causing a under dose amount. Im going to monitor the next couple of days hoping that was the issue because it was previously so stable, Im hoping this is the easy fix.
I hope that fixes the issue. If it does not, then just email me at [email protected] and I will try to help you figure out what is going on.

OP
OP
H

HouseofStark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure that was it. Today instead of .5 drop it was around .1 appreciate the follow up will let ya know. Going to email ya on a separate question regards AFR.
Thanks

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back