Moving from US to the UK

BRS

ShilReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to move to the UK in the next few months and would like to take my fish and coral with me. Does anyone know how i could potentially do this do any companies offer this as a service?

Zoanthids.com

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to move to the UK in the next few months and would like to take my fish and coral with me. Does anyone know how i could potentially do this do any companies offer this as a service?
Welcome to r2r,
Not what you want to hear, but I'm guessing it'd be much easier to start with UK fish after the move. Might have problems getting live fish thru customs.

OP
S

ShilReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Welcome to r2r,
Not what you want to hear, but I'm guessing it'd be much easier to start with UK fish after the move. Might have problems getting live fish thru customs.
Thanks. Definitely not what i wanted to hear. :) Will still continue to explore my options before I give in and donate the fish and corals.

HuduVudu

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks. Definitely not what i wanted to hear. :) Will still continue to explore my options before I give in and donate the fish and corals.
Shot in the dark here, what about contacting dealers that sell to both the U.S. and the U.K. Maybe you can ship them to the dealer and then "buy" them when you are in the U.K.

OP
S

ShilReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Shot in the dark here, what about contacting dealers that sell to both the U.S. and the U.K. Maybe you can ship them to the dealer and then "buy" them when you are in the U.K.

Not ideal, but could be an option. Just spoke to someone from globalanimaltransport. They may be able to pickup, transport and deliver the livestock. Waiting to hear back to see how feasible it is and the associated costs..

AS
BRS

Would you ever consider setting up a "dropoff" reef aquarium?

• I already have a dropoff tank. Yay me!

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • Yes I would like to set one up in the future.

Votes: 169 47.1%
  • No (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 155 43.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 19 5.3%
AVAST