Moving from US to the UK

ShilReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am planning to move to the UK in the next few months and would like to take my fish and coral with me. Does anyone know how i could potentially do this do any companies offer this as a service?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am planning to move to the UK in the next few months and would like to take my fish and coral with me. Does anyone know how i could potentially do this do any companies offer this as a service?
Welcome to r2r,
Not what you want to hear, but I'm guessing it'd be much easier to start with UK fish after the move. Might have problems getting live fish thru customs.

OP
OP
S

ShilReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r,
Not what you want to hear, but I'm guessing it'd be much easier to start with UK fish after the move. Might have problems getting live fish thru customs.
Thanks. Definitely not what i wanted to hear. :) Will still continue to explore my options before I give in and donate the fish and corals.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Definitely not what i wanted to hear. :) Will still continue to explore my options before I give in and donate the fish and corals.
Shot in the dark here, what about contacting dealers that sell to both the U.S. and the U.K. Maybe you can ship them to the dealer and then "buy" them when you are in the U.K.

OP
OP
S

ShilReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shot in the dark here, what about contacting dealers that sell to both the U.S. and the U.K. Maybe you can ship them to the dealer and then "buy" them when you are in the U.K.

Not ideal, but could be an option. Just spoke to someone from globalanimaltransport. They may be able to pickup, transport and deliver the livestock. Waiting to hear back to see how feasible it is and the associated costs..

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back