Moving house

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to move house next week and am panicking about how I am going to move my tank. It’s 32 gallons with 4 fish and about 30-40 corals mainly lps. How can I do it without am casualties share your experience with moving id appreciate it
Move is only 15 mins down the road

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish in a bucket with a heater and airstone. Corals in a heated bucket. Keep rocks wet and you'll be fine. I moved my 60g a little over a year ago and had no casualties. I had plenty of saltwater mixed and heated waiting at the new house.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to move house next week and am panicking about how I am going to move my tank. It’s 32 gallons with 4 fish and about 30-40 corals mainly lps. How can I do it without am casualties share your experience with moving id appreciate it
Move is only 15 mins down the road
Shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful with the coral. Bag the fish. If you have sand, bring that too. I would even suggest rinsing the sand with saltwater before putting back in the tank. Why move the dirt?

I have moved a tank from Texas to Florida with no issues.

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get 2 15 gal brute containers and put rock and most of the water in them with heaters to keep temperature stable cover them with lids and you can bag the fish and put corals in a rack in a container with tank water. Leave sand in tank with enough water to cover the sand.
you’re lucky is only 15 minutes so temperature shouldn’t drop too hard depending on where you live but after just put water back on tank and get temperature back to normal in tank and then just float the fishes/corals after systems up and running and the tank has cleared

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish in a bucket with a heater and airstone. Corals in a heated bucket. Keep rocks wet and you'll be fine. I moved my 60g a little over a year ago and had no casualties. I had plenty of saltwater mixed and heated waiting at the new house.
Yeah that’s what I planned mate thanks puts my mind at rest when it’s been done by others

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get 2 15 gal brute containers and put rock and most of the water in them with heaters to keep temperature stable cover them with lids and you can bag the fish and put corals in a rack in a container with tank water. Leave sand in tank with enough water to cover the sand.
you’re lucky is only 15 minutes so temperature shouldn’t drop too hard depending on where you live but after just put water back on tank and get temperature back to normal in tank and then just float the fishes/corals after systems up and running and the tank has cleared
Thanks for taking the time mate I need all the info and experience I can get

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful with the coral. Bag the fish. If you have sand, bring that too. I would even suggest rinsing the sand with saltwater before putting back in the tank. Why move the dirt?

I have moved a tank from Texas to Florida with no issues.
Thanks for the info mate

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back