Moyeri Leopard Wrasse Missing After 5 Days

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally got a Moyeri leopard wrasse just last Friday. It acclimated great and was eating right off the bat. I have not seen it for close to a full day now. I am aware that it is common they hide once introduced to the tank but is it normal for them to disappear after being so active for a few days?
I have not check my tank parameters other than salinity, temp and pH. They were all normal. The other fish in my tank are doing well without issues also.

I’d appreciate any experience with this or advice.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my personal experience leopard wrasses in general can go MIA for a few days and appear again perfectly fine. Hopefully your moyer’s will appear soon.
+1 Same experience here. They really love their sand bed...

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a Moyeri leopard wrasse just last Friday. It acclimated great and was eating right off the bat. I have not seen it for close to a full day now. I am aware that it is common they hide once introduced to the tank but is it normal for them to disappear after being so active for a few days?
I have not check my tank parameters other than salinity, temp and pH. They were all normal. The other fish in my tank are doing well without issues also.

I’d appreciate any experience with this or advice.
Completely normal. These guys will hide for months on end in some cases.

Just in case however, what other fish are in your tank? It could potentially be aggression causing it to hide (Albeit this would cause it to hide right off the bat).

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a leopard wrasse (one of my favorite fish) go mia for a couple weeks. I figured it died so I went and got another one. When I got home to acclimate the new one there was the one that was mia front and center looking fine like nothing was wrong. I don't know if I got lucky or was the color difference but they got along fine. The new one was a black leopard wrasse.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like teenagers, a wrasse can stay in bed. Be patient, and double check the overflow!

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Completely normal. These guys will hide for months on end in some cases.

Just in case however, what other fish are in your tank? It could potentially be aggression causing it to hide (Albeit this would cause it to hide right off the bat).
I have theee vanderbilt chromis, yellow possum wrasse and an exquisitus fairy.

OP
OP
Jaag

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bad news….. I found the fish not doing well yesterday evening and by night it had died. Huge bummer.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back