Moyeri Leopard Wrasse

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just making a routine stop into a LFS and they had this. I was in disbelief. What was even more unbelievable is that the guy working there said that they had the fish for a few months. I have only ever seen them on the web and never even on a stock list, so I had to get it.

Here is a photo before I turned it loose, just in case I never see it again:

Reefbuilders Article:
https://reefbuilders.com/2012/02/16/macropharyngodon-moyeri/#

Peterski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You still have the fish ? I see them for sale now and interested in purchasing one. It says expert care for them. Love to get your feedback

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, it is the most durable leopard wrasse I have ever had by far. I have had him for the last 4 months growing like a weed and eating like a hog.

Peterski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, it is the most durable leopard wrasse I have ever had by far. I have had him for the last 4 months growing like a weed and eating like a hog.

How is he towards other fish , crabs, Snails , I have a mystery wrasse. Was debating to get radiant wrasse or a checker wrasse

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is he towards other fish , crabs, Snails , I have a mystery wrasse. Was debating to get radiant wrasse or a checker wrasse

Mystery Wrasses can be nasty to other Wrasses, especially once established.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally non aggressive. Mixing in a radiant wrasse would be no problem at all.
The mystery wrasse will likely be a problem for your other wrasses in time as they tend to get nasty like a 6 line and both tend to only do the damage when you aren't around.

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is around. It acts just like any other leopard wrasse, IMO.
yep. pretty hardy. this pair I bought back in March, eating pellets now along w everyone else.

F38E7937-EFB9-489C-B125-D8D9EE57C570.jpeg

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for about 6 months. Model citizen and not at all aggressive towards other leopards or halichoeres wrasses. They tend to lose some of the rainbow coloring and become more dull. Easier than other leopards imo, even easier than m ornatus.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him at the end of July last year so right around 10 months.

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did the color shift on him at all? i’ve noticed they are often in different shades of pink/blue/yellow. not sure if it’s an age thing or what

Light7x

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had one for a couple of months. It was real shy until I added my tangs. Now he's everywhere. No aggression towards my red coris but I added a black wrasse and a potters wrasse he chased the black one for a while but is ok with it now but he was brutal with the potters. I'm pretty sure he killed him before I could get him out. So caution with other leopards. Not much info on these.

Does anybody else's like to play in the sand bed? Mine Will dive under my elegance and another rock on my sand bed and pop out the other side just for fun or maybe he's hunting. He's not hiding and wasn't spooked. It's just something does.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sometimes does it right before lights out and
0adb18f114132541a979bc7d1a59ac66.jpg
it’s not that unusual because some of my other Leopards do it as well.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just making a routine stop into a LFS and they had this. I was in disbelief. What was even more unbelievable is that the guy working there said that they had the fish for a few months. I have only ever seen them on the web and never even on a stock list, so I had to get it.

Here is a photo before I turned it loose, just in case I never see it again:

Reefbuilders Article:
https://reefbuilders.com/2012/02/16/macropharyngodon-moyeri/#
I’m thinking about adding one of these guys to my tank. How has it been keeping one? That was an amazing find and one that eats!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back