Moyeri Leopard Wrasse

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking about adding one of these guys to my tank. How has it been keeping one? That was an amazing find and one that eats!!!
I've had mine for maybe two years. Great fish, hardier than some of my halichoeres wrasses. Not temperamental at all, keeps to himself. The colors will likely wash out over time, but we still call him our rainbow wrasse. Has to be the easiest Macropharyngodon spp. to keep imo.

Requires a 2"+ sandbed. Otherwise no requirements, eats everything including flake and pellet. Deworm them like you would any other wrasse and if you find one that eats you're good.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine almost a year now and it ate pellets and flakes from day 1 for me. Cool fish but is absolutely terrified of me lol

color wise other leopards are prettier from afar, these have more of a unique close up beauty

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine almost a year now and it ate pellets and flakes from day 1 for me. Cool fish but is absolutely terrified of me lol

color wise other leopards are prettier from afar, these have more of a unique close up beauty
How big did you get it, how fast did it grow, what’s it size now that you’ve kept ir for a while? I’m curious ab getting one myself!
I've had mine for maybe two years. Great fish, hardier than some of my halichoeres wrasses. Not temperamental at all, keeps to himself. The colors will likely wash out over time, but we still call him our rainbow wrasse. Has to be the easiest Macropharyngodon spp. to keep imo.

Requires a 2"+ sandbed. Otherwise no requirements, eats everything including flake and pellet. Deworm them like you would any other wrasse and if you find one that eats you're good.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big did you get it, how fast did it grow, what’s it size now that you’ve kept ir for a while? I’m curious ab getting one myself!
Got it female around 3" and it grew to 5" or so (melanurus wrasse size basically) fairly quickly.

Unfortunately he ended up not making it along with many other of my wrasses that got bullied to death by a green wrasse I've been trying to catch for months...

Overall great fish though. EZ if you treat it like a wrasse (deworm in qt both inside and out, 2" sandbed, lid, make sure it eats something at the lfs, etc).

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the Kuiteri leopard wrasse complex if memory serves. I have seen a lot of moyers for sale over the past few years, including a couple of mislabeled kuiters. Viviens is also part of the same complex, though seen much less frequently. My moyers pair have been quite enduring.

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it female around 3" and it grew to 5" or so (melanurus wrasse size basically) fairly quickly.

Unfortunately he ended up not making it along with many other of my wrasses that got bullied to death by a green wrasse I've been trying to catch for months...

Overall great fish though. EZ if you treat it like a wrasse (deworm in qt both inside and out, 2" sandbed, lid, make sure it eats something at the lfs, etc).
Oh dang. I have a small ornate leopard and it grows like a snail (something I like). Thanks!

Edmund Y.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the Kuiteri leopard wrasse complex if memory serves. I have seen a lot of moyers for sale over the past few years, including a couple of mislabeled kuiters. Viviens is also part of the same complex, though seen much less frequently. My moyers pair have been quite enduring.
How do you differentiate between the Kuiteri and Moyeri?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back