Mp10wQD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mp10QD is anything but quiet. It has a noticeable audible hum that you can hear 2 rooms away. It is noticeably louder than my HOB skimmer on the tank.

about 2 weeks ago I sent it in for the wet and dry sides disconnecting. Ever since I got it back there has been this noticeable hum from the unit that was not there prior to being sent in. Since getting back, I have been running at constant 10% per instructions and the hum (clearly coming from the dry side) has not subsided....at all. Has gotten to the point my wife has had me turn it off during dinner time since it’snext to our dining room.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried running in reef crest or tidal modes? Both my MP10s and MP40s do run a little louder in constant mode.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried running in reef crest or tidal modes? Both my MP10s and MP40s do run a little louder in constant mode.

yes. It’s worse in those modes. It’s anything but quiet. I am 2 rooms away, it’s 10% constant and I can clearly hear it

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes. It’s worse in those modes. It’s anything but quiet. I am 2 rooms away, it’s 10% constant and I can clearly hear it

The only other suggestion is to try a thin piece of felt or even cheesecloth to help insulate it against the glass of acrylic. I had to do that on my acrylic frag tank.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other suggestion is to try a thin piece of felt or even cheesecloth to help insulate it against the glass of acrylic. I had to do that on my acrylic frag tank.

i have the rubber spacer. Sent a video to ecotech, just waiting for someone to say this is a problem and get it fixed.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is your glass/acrylic? From what I understood you only use the rubber spacer on thicker tanks. My MP40s use the spacers on my 120 but no spacers on my MP10s on my 65. Have you tried without spacers?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When Ive noticed a hum on mine A slight twist to the wet side while in tank realigning the magnets Usually solves it for me. When mine is slightly out of alignment I can hear the hum on the first floor from upstairs where the pump is.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thick is your glass/acrylic? From what I understood you only use the rubber spacer on thicker tanks. My MP40s use the spacers on my 120 but no spacers on my MP10s on my 65. Have you tried without spacers?

its a biocube29 so 5mm?

inhave tried without the spacerand that doesn’t help one iota. The pieces are definitely aligned because you don’t hear that rattle. You just hear a hum from the dry side even when I disconnect it, it stays very noticeable.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumped me. Mines also on a Biocube and I do use the rubber spacer. Think I read somewhere it should be used to prevent motor damage but don’t quote me on that. If its way out of alignment I get the rattle too. Slightly out and i hear/feel the hum. Anyway, good luck with it.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see any signs. It was attached with the clips.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back