MP40 flow setup question

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 72x30x25 tank. I’m running 3 MP40s but I can’t get the flow I want. Originally I was running two in sync in one side and one on the opposite side in antisync. I wasn’t happy with that so I now have 1 on each side running 90% reefcrest antisync. The 3rd pump is on the back wall halfway across and halfway down. I had it set as a child on the back wall setting but that setting appears to just put the pump in the lowest setting at a constant flow. What would be good settings for an sps dominant mixed reef?

A40CF03C-00D2-4310-B89C-8F0833E59526.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may try running them all individually for a more random flow? I have 2 in a 6ft tank but not sps. I run reef crest with a nutrient transport cycle thrown in. Nems and lps that move are flowing back and forth nicely and sometimes whip back and forth in a circular motion. I'm working on flow now in a smaller tank that is sps dominant, but still just frags. I'm having hard time judging flow with nothing moving. Or not moving like I am used to seeing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back